Smoothing models??

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Sep 12, 2012.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

View attachment 3930 View attachment 3931

Does anybody know if this will be fixed or not in future? There are this edges visible(hood or at front from unwrap) where they should be clear and smooth. Whit new update they are even droping shadows strange where they shouldnt. Im getting this on my cars testing ingame to.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

Tested and the "Ignore splits" work but the shadows are still strange...

3. dandar

dandar Registered

Have you tried using smoothing groups ? If not try it, but don't use the auto smooth function because it will use 3 levels and rf engine only supports one. There are some tutorials on the net and youtube that show u how to use only one level getting the same results.
    And if some parts are drawing shadows where they should not, modify your .gen files and disable or change the ShadowCaster value.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah smoothing groups done like they should be, tested few stuff and few cars there but allways same problem. Seem to be problem whit gmotor tools cause there were same problems whit rf1 tools allready but problems come up whit shaders that use bump maps.
    Ignore splits option works but only whit max normals seetings.
    For the shadows ive checked rf2 original cars ingame and they have same problem. They changed self shadowing in last update how i see and this causes new problems, hope it will be fixed.

5. dandar

dandar Registered

Yeap ! is better to wait for rf2 to reach a maturity level. It's a feat to get an entire car working at this stage without getting small issues.
    If you have some spare time maybe you want to try using the previous gMotorMaterial version 2.52i because I have this issue with the latest version.

Link to download:
    gMotorMaterial version 2.52i