Smooth Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 26, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

With rF2 build 118, I'm now experiencing quite a lot of stuttering. This is strange because I didn't get a lot of that in build 90, only during start and racing all the way to the first turn. But now, I finally manage to get a smoother movement (offline, haven't try online racing yet).

Here's how:
    - I'm using Game Booster to launch rF2 as well as turning off some background services. I'm using the default selected services that come with GB.
    - from Task Manager, I set GB's affinity to use 2 core only, core 0 and 3 (I'm using AMD quad core). Whenever rF2 is launched from GB, it will use that 2 core only as well.
    - from AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center: 2xSSAA, 16xAF, VSYNC ON, everything else is on their default setting.
    - from rF2 config tool: HDR on, FXAA off, no VSYNC, no AA, my display resolution is 1366x768 60Hz.
    - inside rF2 display setting, everything is set to full/max/on, except: opponent detail to medium, aniso filter to bilinear.
    - I'm using 20 AIs, visible vehicle set to 15, cockpit view, mirror on, steering wheel on, FOV 35

With this setting, the maximum FPS achieved is not high in my system, around 50, however the overall rF2 performance is a lot smoother. The opponent's texture/detail might not that beautiful anymore, but their movement is smoother now.

Note: If you try this, you may get different result/experience. :)

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

3. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

In my opinion you should turn HDR off for the time being. It makes everything overly bright. IMHO the game looks better without it (so far). It will also increase your performance significantly. Also, why use vsync? It will cause lag and is only necessary if you experience extreme screen tearing.

4. elbo

elbo Registered

I get all sorts of stuttering if i turn off vsync...