Slower warm down lap after race...

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by tjc, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Just a quick "wish" for there to be a more realistic, therefor slower warm down lap after racing has completed as it is real life racing...

The way it is atm it`s pretty much still at racing speeds back to the pits and this is`nt very realistic imo as in reality they slow right down picking up rubber etc.

I hope this can be implemented into the sim.

:)

2. Radar

Radar Registered

mmm Implementing a 'forced' slow down after the race has finished.. why not just slow down ???

Not trying to be a smartar$e but taking the foot of the throttle has the same affect as what you desire and I can't see why this should be a 'forced' setting...

IF however you are talking about 'offline' racing then sure, I can understand why you would like this feature but I'm sure the AI couldn't care less if you were to slow down yourself..

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

He is talking about the AI, and it would add a level of realism...

4. tjc

tjc Registered

First off I should have stated that I was talking about the AI so I can understand the confusion... to a degree...

Secondly I would`nt have put in a wish for online racers to slow down as that would be pretty stupid imo so although I should have clarified my post I do also think it`s pretty obvious I was talking about the AI...

:)

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I was about to post the same thing. Instead I'm reviving this thread. A nice compromise between starting a new thread and not posting at all :)

While I'm sure there are other dev priorities for the AI, the race-speed warm-down/victory laps are a huge immersion-breaker. Any illusion of human AI goes right out the window, right when I'm finally able to relax.

I'd hope it would be a trivial in terms of implementation, but then I'd assume it would have been done already if that were the case.
    It would have been good if it were addressed in rF1 too, but that ship has sailed.

Could be applied to prac/quali in/out laps too?
    A bit of tyre warming weaving? Maybe asking too much now :p

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

AI can cope with formation laps just fine so maybe not that hard to code in.
    Not an immersion breaker for me though, rather have AI improvements elsewhere first personally.

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

For sure :)
    But if it only took an hour to punch in the slow-down code... (btw, I know nothing about coding :) )

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I know there are other AI improvements etc that are maybe higher up the list but a slower warm down lap after the race and also having the AI do a more realistic warm up lap (or two) when they first leave the pits in free practice and qually etc would also be good.

As it is atm they stay at race speed after the checkered flag has been "thrown" and when they first leave the pits in free practice etc their first lap is also at full speed... no taking it easy and slowly warming up the car and tyres...

Be good if this was made to be more realistic imo.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh yeah if it does'nt get in the way of other issues then sure go for it I say, plenty of AI stuff to be sorted post gold though so I hope MikeZs list is growing :p