slow down lap times

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by olandese volante, Nov 3, 2013.

1. olandese volante

olandese volante Registered

Hi, I would want to slow down my mod lap times, as they're about 10-12 seconds faster then real f1 cars.

I know I can down-torque the engine (which is the main issue), or decrease tire grip (especially the front one); however I would want to stick with my engine file as real drivers and most people find the "speed immersion" really improved with this mod. The 2 complaints I received are related to lap times and turn speed...
    Is there a way to do that? I don't know, increasing weight, inertia or something else, leaving the acceleration experience untouched?

Be aware that it is not the turn speed itself that bother people: I mean, it's not the mod too fast or crazy where you're driving, they like the experience, they don't like the speed displayed on monitor: 5 gear on a real 3 gear turn, +50kph compared to an onboard youtube camera...
    they don't like the lap times being 10 seconds faster, but not the overall experience: I mean, they like the lap "immersion" and ffb effects, they just don't like the time displayed to be 10 seconds faster then the real one...
    The perfect compromise would be to "cheat" on displayed speed and lap times "slowering" them by 40kph and 10 seconds, if that would be possible. I know it's probably impossible, I just want to be clearer about what I am trying to achieve.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

You could also try decreasing the aero grip given by the wings and/or diffuser.

3. olandese volante

We have 6 fixed setup...from really slow to really fast..using a really fast setup in a medium type track do not increase lap time so much :\ you gain a lot in straights and exits due to torque

4. MJP

MJP Registered

When you say 'really slow and really fast' do you mean high/low downforce setups, high for somewhere like Monaco and low for say Monza?

I was talking about reducing the overall downforce generated by the the wings/diffuser not changing the actual wing settings in the setup, you can still have your fixed setups for different track types.

5. olandese volante

ahhhh ok, yes i'll give it a try!