SLI woes...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Spyder, May 26, 2012.

1. Spyder

Spyder Registered

At Tims request I'm posting a thread to fully detail my current problems with build 85.

After nearly a full day of tweaking I have managed to get build 85 playable on a single screen using one of my 680s. I finally found out that enabling GPU sync cured my stutters/Slo mo. The most frustrating thing about these stutters is that leaving my settings the same I could have a couple of races that were smooth followed by a total stutter fest in the next race! GPU sync has fully cured this.

However, SLI is a different story, no matter what I've tried I cannot get rid of stutters on either a single screen or triples. I want to thank the people that have posted in the problem threads who have suggested different drivers, plr file tweaks etc ... unfortunately none of these have worked. I cured stutters in build 69 by turning off reflections but this has no effect in build 85.

Would like to hear from other SLI users and in particular from anyone with 680s. Wha t I've played of build 85 on a single screen is brilliant, I'd just love to get it up and running on triples with SLI so I can enjoy the same level of eye candy (self confessed graphics whore ;) )

Edit : this was meant to be posted in the graphics section!! If a mod could move it that'd be great :)

2. otta56

otta56 Registered

Unfortunately, SLI performance on 3 screens with multiview appears to have gotten worse versus build 69. With all settings the same as under build 69, fps performance with the Megane in Portugal is highly variable, anywhere from 19 to 30 fps in some sections and 60 in others. "Rubber banding" of frame rates is severe in almost all corners. HDR drops the fps to 10 or less. It does not work at all if vsync is enabled while Adaptive Sync is enabled in the NVidia control panel (301.42, 302.59).

Clean installs of drivers (301.42, 302.59) and version 85 make no difference. % GPU and Memory use does not appear to be a bottleneck. See attached graphs.

View attachment 2549 View attachment 2550

3. otta56

otta56 Registered

Build 85 Triple Screen SLI Performance

Unfortunately, SLI performance on 3 screens with multiview appears to have gotten worse versus build 69. With all settings the same as under build 69, fps performance with the Megane in Portugal is highly variable, anywhere from 19 to 30 fps in some sections and 60 in others. "Rubber banding" of frame rates is severe in almost all corners. HDR drops the fps to 10 or less. It does not work at all if vsync is enabled while Adaptive Sync is enabled in the NVidia control panel (301.42, 302.59).

Clean installs of drivers (301.42, 302.59) and version 85 make no difference. % GPU and Memory use does not appear to be a bottleneck. See attached graphs.

View attachment 2549 View attachment 2550

4. otta56

otta56 Registered

Multiview Versus No Multiview GPU Utilization

Further tests of GPU usage of Multiview and no Multiview show the graph included below. While No multiview uses slightly less GPU resources, frame rates are very similar for both (20-40 fps at Spa) with stuttering in most corners.

View attachment 2691

5. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Hiya,

Just thought I'd contribute my 2 pennies. I have not experienced any stuttering at all (sorry).

I am getting slightly poorer FPS in Multiview than I was on Build 69, but still smooth as butter and not seen it go below 53FPS with Multiview disabled.

HDR, FXAA and Sync are all OFF ... all other display settings maxxed out and AA at level 3 in game and running with Adaptive sync and triple buffering ON in the NVCP.