SLI Performance Tuning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is amazing how stubbing you are.

When you are giving wrong information like this: "Funny thing is, most of titles where SLI is well known not-working, there's no FPS decreasing" is this claim proof that you don`t have a clue how to setup you specific hardware and it also does huge damage to rFactor2 when other people reads you topics and forward this horrible misinformation to other forums.:mad:

You also claim this: "Who would call this as a "help"? The statement "our mutiGPU performance is good" doesn't mean anything, as "you need to add some SLI bits", if devs have so good performance why not to share the "bits" they're using?" why don`t you just read forums you find bits you need here : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19167-Added-second-GTX780-in-SLI-and-performance-went-to-crap, and there is loads of info in other topics too.

If you are waiting ISI dev`s to make SLI profile to you spesific hardware, dream on baby dream on................

This is pic how my GPU load`s are, Skippy at Silverstone, HDR on, triple screen, MultiView on, locked FPS 118 to avoid stutters.
    View attachment 13782

Pic from game and if you wonder if I have 4 screens in my system answer is, yes I do.
    View attachment 13783

DOES SLI WORK OR NOT IS IT ALIVE :confused::confused:

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

"My specific hardware" = intel i7 + 2xNvidia GTX!

Indeed, it's very seldon to see this setup! lol It's an absurd to get some support having an odd configuration like that.

Instead of pics, share your Inspector settings, that would be much more useful.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I think you does not understand. We want your settings so if you have working settings please share this with us.
    If not STOP trolling here and go away :)
    Thx

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He will now tell that you do not deserve them either and keep trolling and showing off his 4 screens because he can't do better than that.

I think he just want to show us how smart he is because he got it working fine. As you said he could have shared his setting to see if they helped others but he preferred not to do so.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

It looks as if you are right but it was worth a try :) .

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Did you mean my in-game settings or HW Settings? I'll provide you guys both right now I'm typing on cell phone... Thanks

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Screenshots from ingame AA settings and nvidia inspector rFactor2 profile would be helpfull. Maybe a additional inspector screenshot from the global profile because all settings which are not profile specific come from the global profile.
    Take your time.
    Thanks

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

To bee honest you was the last person I was expecting to get childish feedback like this I thought you know better then anybody that if you help somebody here in ISI forums it only ends in tears and yes I can do better I have 6 screens in my PC in case you wonder.

I make later few pics and write few lines here : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21081-SLI-is-working-SLI-Multiview-HDR about SLI settings I am using and please don`t spam me there I don`t think you need my SLI settings to you laptop.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As you correctly say I do not need them for my laptop with one GPU.

The only childish and helpless behaviour in this thread has been yours denying your settings to the person who asked and needed. Thats the reason why I posted.

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nah, don`t b...S... with me mate, my topic was only to stop rumors about non working SLI in rFactor2 because this misinformation does huge damage to rFactor2, when people forwards this to other forums.

I done few reply`s about SLI bits and my SLI settings is to my spesific hardware I am not sure that it help`s so many and there is lot of information about SLI bits and other settings to find in ISI forums.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So people complaining about not getting it working without fps loss are either idiots or liars right?

Isn't it Ok to know for others that SLI might not work for them? Don't BS me either telling me that you worry about the rumors about rF2. It is clear your only concern is that it works Ok with you. Probably if it didn't you would have a different opinion about this thread.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If SLI works to me with default game and NVDIA profile it works to everybody right?
    I can also tell to you that rFactor2 has better SLI profile then AC when we are talking about GPU load 2-way SLI , pCars don`t have any SLI profile from NVIDIA at all, iRacing gives about same GPU load with default profile as rFactor2 does.

GPU loads NVIDIA Inspector default profile/rFactor2 light as it is when you instal game first time. FPS 110-185, GPU load 70-90%.

View attachment 13807

:p

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Before to post my specs, just a quick info regarding other sims:

a) Assetto Corsa: with ou without specific SLI profile, it doesn't run well. The FPS increases with SLI on but there's a side effect very weird, FPS keep "floating", hard to explain even more for a non-native English speaker, but it really harms the driving. However, with only one GPU (SLI off) I can run AC finely at most circumstances, whatever AI or track selected.

b) pCars: here there's a totally different situation. When I turn SLI on without any profiles, it runs like a piece of crap, even the mouse in menus turns jerky and unusable. But, when I select Inspector's pCars SLI profile, its a night and day difference, it runs perfect with 70% more FPS which is a quite good scaling if you ask me... Almost all tracks are high FPS except Le Mans which doesn't look very well optmized yet. (Edit -> I have one profile for pCars in Nvidia Inspector so this information doesn't match to Antero's info above, I'll check)

c) Tried, for fun, both Inspector's profile (AC and pCars) in rFactor2 (just in case) and the result is the same: an slide-show at 30 FPS.

Lately I'll post detailed info on my HW and SW and maybe some one of you guys can give me an advice.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Official NVIDIA SLI Profile Request Thread, Project Cars - Beta for backers and helping with bug reports. 28 page thread on Nvidia inspector thread in official
    PCARS forums for temp SLI profile but it's not all that good.

pCars don`t official SLI profile it is temp profile and that is huge difference.

Pleace don`t try to teach me about SLI I know what I am talking about.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not the best person to answer to this since I cannot test it myself. However, just by what it has been said and some general knowledge I think you are wrong on this.

First of all, the fact that rF2 works in a proper way to one, does not necessarily mean it will perform the same to others.

In your sentence you are also simplifying everything to "default game" (what the hell is that?) and "nvidia SLI profile". However in other posts you mention that you need to configure it according to your hardware. ???

You are all talking about some bits that you wouldn't want to share because they are hardware related.

Combined all these with the complains that can be read about this item I would conclude that your reasoning is incorrect. However it is clear that either you are right or you are right so why discuss further?

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have hard time to believe that after I made pics that default SLI compatibility bits (0x02402005) has GPU1 and GPU2 has load 70-90% and you still think I am wrong,
    don`t you believe what you see or is there some other problem you are struggling with?

My system is 780GTX 2-way SLI and of course if somebody has 580GTX 2-way SLI it don`t perform as good and this why I am saying" If you are waiting ISI dev`s to make SLI profile to you spesific hardware, dream on baby dream on................"

Default game= When you instal game first time no changes in game settings/display options.
    NVDIA SLI profile= NVIDIA has created a ton of game profiles which enable SLI out-of-the-box
    + .
    = FPS 110-185, GPU load 70-90% with 780GTX 2-way SLI

As I have said before, you can find loads of information about SLI bits from the ISI forums if you are not lazy and bothered to search.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...I-Is-this-inte?p=286530&viewfull=1#post286530

THE END

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What a joke....

- 2x 780 Ti (SLI) with newest WHQL driver (340.52?) with both GPUs running at full, native 16x PCI-E 3.0 (X79, LGA 2011).

Single screen, 1920x1080, Nvidia driver defaults, rf2 AA level 3, HDR, all in-game graphics absolutely maxed.

Eve F3 @ Mills. No AI. No rain/water.

In pits immediately after pressing drive....

SLI - 100 fps
    Single card - 172 fps

Come on! Why the hell do/did AMD crossfire seem to work on games EVEN WITH NO SPECIFIC PROFILE (eg, 2x HD 6970s, and 3x HD 6950s in GT Legends and some very early rF2 builds), but with Nvidia it seems like SLI only screws-up performance unless Nvidia specifically makes a profile? Why does AMD's crossfire "just work" so much more often while Nvidia's SLI just screws your performance unless Nvidia actually creates a profile specifically for your game??.....

There seems to be a bit of progress in this thread though (unfortunately they all have their downsides as well). Which driver settings (Nvidia control panel and/or Inspector) give the best SLI usage and highest fps, regardless of image quality degradation/issues?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Man, I'm not trying to teach you anything, you're write as were extremely stressed and it's a pain to keep my mind cold before to reply you. I'm just saying I saw (and used) an pCars profile in my Nvidia Inspector and it worked (if it can even be better, I don't have the slightest idea, but it worked for me, and very well). Was I dreaming? I don't think so. Much less I wasn't saying your lying or something, man!

If you are going to keep aggressive and misunderstanding me by taking everything at worst interpretation possible, please block me or ignore my posts in this forum, this is a hobby and a relax for me, not one more cause of displeasure.

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

One more blind person who don`t believe pics he is looking. My game works fine with 2-way SLI, HDR, multiview, 118 fps no stutters or flashing textures.
    When you don`t believe Joe Campana or me who do you believe, maybe SPASKIS who don`t have even SLI?

2x780ti worse then single 780ti, what a joke, maybe you should try ebay and get rid of you second card.

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

So, are you saying that he's lying?

As Groucho Marx well said: "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

If he's reporting the issue, it's because the issue exists! Unless you think Spinelli have 400 FPS but is reporting his bad SLI usage just for fun!