SLI is working - SLI + Multiview + HDR

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Peter Boese, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Peter Boese

Peter Boese Registered

Hello,

after days trying different bits now i got one. with it sli + multiview + hdr!!! is now working for me.

bit: 0x02C00405

important is, leave this values to autoselect:
    SLI_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_RENDERING_MODE_AUTOSELECT

now i got 60fps with 5900*1080 + multiview + hdr with 23 ai on track....

maybe its a bit for everybody....

2. Magus

Magus Registered

Hey Peter, I think you have cracked it!! Works for me anyway. I think people just need to become aware of your post and the only way I see that happening is either keep bumping this thread up or adding your findings to THIS, & THIS thread too.

I was previously getting all kinds of spikes and troughs with HDR/MV/SLI making it a complete stutter-fest & unplayable. Now I can achieve a pretty constant 60fps although with some tearing and stuttering when I disable VSYNC. However, I've come to appreciate how things handle better without VSYNC so am willing to compromise on the tearing and occasional stutters. Well done & THANK YOU!

3. otta56

otta56 Registered

Unfortunately, this setting does not work for 3 card sli setups. Maximum fps with this setting was 30 fps @ Brianza with 15 AI @ 3x titans. 0x02F00405 (instead of 'C') with 3 titans gives 60 + fps with some tearing and stuttering like the 0x02C00405 setting.This seems to indicate that Nvidia has to create specific 2 and 3 card sli profiles for the same executable once it is stable enough for isi to submit it for profiling.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

folks take care of the undefined values in the rfactor2 nvi profile. Sometimes there are some of them. In my case several times that was the reason why I was not able to reproduce the expected performance from a saved and later imported profile.

5. Peter Boese

Peter Boese Registered

Hi otta,

the value must modified for different setups

but at the end it comes to 2 setting. one that is absolute fast, but flickers and one that has good fps and doesn't flickers.

what i found out is. In rfactor for now we need to use SFR. this is what the value after the "2" is forced to do. writing in a odd value and it forced to take AFR and a even it takes SFR. But like in the other threat, you can use 0x02F0040... and make the last number "2". then SFR is forced too, with no flickering. if you use a "5" then AFR is forced for triple or quad SLI. you can also try a "3" for SFR to AFR fallback. but this flickers too.

i think the flickering caused by not complete rendered pictures. maybe texture filling is not complete, or the shaders are not complete rendered. so AFR is fast, to fast. it doesn't recognizes that the image isn't complete.

hope i am wrong, if fps with AFR could be the real power, then i will absolute happy with a fix for the flickering.

6. Peter Boese

Peter Boese Registered

Hi otta,

the value must modified for different setups

but at the end it comes to 2 setting. one that is absolute fast, but flickers and one that has good fps and doesn't flickers.

what i found out is. In rfactor for now we need to use SFR. this is what the value after the "2" is forced to do. writing in an odd value and it forced to take AFR and an even it takes SFR. But like in the other threat, you can use 0x02F0040... and make the last number "2". then SFR is forced too, with no flickering. if you use a "5" then AFR is forced for triple or quad SLI. you can also try a "3" for SFR to AFR fallback. but this flickers too.

i think the flickering caused by not complete rendered pictures. maybe texture filling is not complete, or the shaders are not complete rendered. so AFR is fast, to fast. it doesn't recognizes that the image isn't complete.

hope i am wrong, if fps with AFR could be the real power, then i will absolutely happy with a fix for the flickering.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  7. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Registered

Nice find! Hdr finally is working with good fps for me. Some addon tracks looks to cartoon now with hdr on. What modders need to change on addon tracks to make they look good with HDR?

8. Emery

Emery Registered

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

as you can see in my thread I'm use since a long time SFR rendering.
    If you want a good image quality you can try some of the additional bits I use.
    Here you can find my settings detailed.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=295180

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  10. SinnerMcSaint

SinnerMcSaint Registered

These settings works really well for me, single screen and 2xgtx670.
    Nice high framrate and the fps drops on some tracks with mirrors on are gone, so that's a added bonus! Thanks

11. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Peter, that works quite well for me. The disappointing thing is the SLI indicator is only showing around 10-20% usage... that tells me there is a lot more performance to be had.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Here is my SLI GPU loads 70-99%

View attachment 13784

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014