Skippy/LRP problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by perplex, Jan 18, 2013.

1. perplex

perplex Registered

hey there :)

i got a problem with skip barber. I just dont know if the problem is the car or its related to the track. Everything is fine .. frames around 100, no stuttering, it just runs. After some time ( 10-15-20mins) the screen gets Blackscreened, the sound is lagging and the screen comes back after some seconds, but just with 40 fps and really hard stuttering.

I play alot of Renault Megane Trophy. Many Hours, several days a week, one server - and there is no problem at all.

Fresh install of OS and rf2 didnt helped.

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If you go to desktop as soon as the screen comes back do you get that horrible message “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”? Also check graphics card temperature, sounds like it is overheating. You can also try to lower some graphics settings and (or turn on v-sync or frame limiter) see if the same problem repeats itself.

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I was having that too when overclocked my graphics adapter too much. With nVidia Inspector I could see that GPU clock has dropped to half. I think drivers are protecting GPU so that it want get damage from overheating.

4. perplex

perplex Registered

hey thanks for responding :)

Yes Abriel sometimes i noticed that message in taskbar.

But why isnt that problem not happening with renault megane mod ? are there other graphics ? Is it some other game im playing ?

Btw. With the F2 Mod i got the same problem.

My GPU isnt overclocked, temps on full load 62-67°C. Everything is on default settings - GTX 660 Ti Phantom. Im getting that problem even with low settings, same as vsync on . I tried many options.
    Powersaving option in Control Panel is set to always use maximum. If i use adaptive the card slows down while playing and causes much stuttering - unplayable then.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Sounds to like the power saver bug.
    Try this. Open the Nvidia control panel (3d settings). Set "power management mode" to "prefer maximum performance". You can do that in the rFactor2 profile and other applications will not be influenced by this setting.

6. perplex

perplex Registered

thanks tosch , same as i posted above, i already did that. Just have played now 30 mins race on LRP with Renault Megane, i have an average fps of 130 fps. Highest 178fps , lowest 110fps no blackscreen nothing. Much more fps then i can gain with Skip Barber / LRP combination. Something is wrong there....

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Perplex, I don't know what frequency is your monitor, but if it's the usual 60Hz you can avoid overheating by setting a VSync in the game, or through the "Adaptive VSync" of NVidia Control panel. That will avoid the GPU to compute and display frames that you will never really see as your monitor can only display 60 fps (supposing it's a 60Hz monitor). I can reach 180fps too but it's fully useless as my monitor is 60Hz. Sorry if this remark sound obvious, I can't know if you are aware of this or not ;)

8. MJP

MJP Registered

You can set a max framerate in the PLR too for those who don't use Vsync because of input lag.

9. perplex

perplex Registered

aha maybe your right with monitor settings ect. 60hz only. But i dont care about that . I can feel a difference to 60 fps or 120 fps . Its just more smooth. Like ages ago when i played ego shooters ... someone wanna told me that 30fps is enough for eyes and stuff and more fps cant be recognized. rofl try the same game with 250fps and you will have just more fun.
    but ok.. its not about the fps it should just be an indicator ... i just want to play Skip Barber on LRP without Blackscreen. With Vsync its unplayable because it doesnt hold the 60fps constantly, more stuttering and other similar problems to blackscreen like slowmotion bug thread where i posted some weeks ago.

Ok and still there is no answer for: Why is it happening just with Skip Barber and not with megane ? Overheating cant be the truth.
    Why overheating ? its cold outside... the gpu is new too .. no dust on it.

maybe i will just wait till gold and hopefully it will be fixed. So i have to be happy with my megane for now.

thanks all for help so far.