Skid Pad

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by NWDogg, Sep 17, 2013.

1. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Couldn't find this mentioned, sorry if I missed it, but I think that a skid pad would be supremely helpful in getting used to the feel of the cars. Every time I load up a new car, I'll take it out to a track to test, but there just isn't a single track available that lets me rip around without worrying about slamming into a wall or fence. I'd like to be able to just slide around in circles, so I can learn how to control the car in a spin, how to control understeer/oversteer, learn how fast I can go around certain radii, etc.

If anyone has any experience with iRacing, they have a skid pad they call "Centripetal Circuit" (or something like that) and that is what I'm talking about. Nothing fancy, just a big, flat piece of pavement with circular lanes that have a progressively larger radius, like a target bullseye. No flag rules, no garage area, no pits, no unnecessary graphical embellishments, just a simple skid pad. Maybe have a start/stop line so the 'laps' are timed, but that would be the only complexity needed.

Is there anyone out there willing and able to make one of these? Or is there already something that I can use that I might have missed? I've considered attempting to create one myself, but I have neither the tools nor the skills needed at this point to do so. If ISI could make one, I think that a lot of people would find it useful. If not, I don't think a good modder would have too much trouble.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

No Skid Pad, but try the Top Gear Test track to just slide about.
    Lime Rock Park has something like a skid pad in the Centre of track, not very detailed but.