Single player mode, yellow flag

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ed L, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Ed L

Ed L Registered

I get in single polayer mode during practice and race, everytime yellow. Meaning slower cars on the track and at the start of the race a yellow start.

Just tried Single Player mode with black flag but this doesn't work either.
    I have Monza and a 992 because this was an online race last week (10). Then I was able to drive this also in Single Player mode without any problems.
    Now I want to continue practicing with this, but so it does not work.
    This is annoying and kind of takes away from the fun. I had deliberately chosen RF2 over iRacing partly because of this.
    Do you or anyone else have any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There has been some improvement in how rF2 handles the pre-race alignments, but I gave up using flags seems like a decade ago.

3. Ed L

Ed L Registered

Hello davehenrie, thanks for your answer. tried everything but nothing helps.
    Found your remark in another forum and renamed the player.json file and start it up again. Set the flag rules to black flag only.
    I'm now training the AI with complete sessions and races. Hereafter I will check the yellow flag issue.

4. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I remember telling people in Build 45 or something to turn off all flags.
    All I got was verballed and insulted. lol
    How people hold GTR2 as some holy grail I have no idea.

P.S. What is good about rF2 and LMU is the LED boards, they add huge immersion for me
    and give you good warnings at blind or fast circuits.
    Yellows are static and flashing gives you extra reason to be cautious

Just do a Le Mans race at night, lightshow ! , you can still turn flags off and get all the lights you know.

I think the main problem with people and flags is they don't understand closing speeds well enough. You see in real races all the time, someone thinks they have slowed enough then start to panic and make mistake taking out themselves and others.
    Especially in high powered historic but even in a F3 100bhp I can screw the pooch easy.

Screw the Pooch means to make a humiliating mistake.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024