Simvibe host server workaround disabled by Nov update-advice?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by basement_jeff, Nov 21, 2020.

1. basement_jeff

basement_jeff Registered

I have been using the following workaround from another thread here to enable Simvibe when hosting and joining from the same machine.

"One posisble workaround is to make sure that there are no SimXperience plugin in the rfactor2\bin32\Plugins folder.
    Then check the checkbox for 'Force 32-bit' and launch the Dedicated server. Then uncheck the 32-bit option and run the game in 64-bit which will still have our plugin in the bin64\plugins folder."

This worked great but it no longer works as there is no longer 32bit mode in RF2. Simvibe thinks the server is the game to monitor and ignores the second instance of RF2 when a player joins the game,causing Simvibe to not 'vibe'.

Any advice on a workaround for a host server?

2. basement_jeff

basement_jeff Registered

I came up with a similar workaround, and to my surprise, it actually works :)

First delete the SimCommander.dll plugin from the RF2 64 bit > plugins folder.
    Then launch host server in 64 bit as normal.
    Then copy SimCommander.dll plugin back into RF2 64 bit > plugins folder.
    Join server in multiplayer mode.

Obviously you'd have to do this each time you want to host a server so I wrote a batch script to automate the process in notepad. Just add a .bat extension instead of .txt when saving it in notepad.

My delete plugin script..
    del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins\SimXperience_4_0_x64.dll?"

And the copy plugin back into plugins folder script, the original plugin is stored on my desktop . Replace 'username' with your actual user name..
    xcopy "C:\Users\username\Desktop\SimXperience_4_0_x64.dll" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins"