Simple way to get improve FFB and car responsiveness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I have found that if you set the wheel lock to around 270-300 in game with vehicle set unselected the car becomes far more stable and easer to drive / respond to.

My Logitech profiler is set to 900

reducing the wheel rotation has the knock on effect of increasing sensitivity but unlike in Rf1 where this would make the car to twitchy to drive In Rf2 it brings the FFB closer to games like Net car Pro where you can better feel the back end coming out and then respond to it before it actually does come out.

I also noticed in game that for each car in the garage the steering lock is set to 27 for allot of the cars and yet the sensativty of the cars is far closer to what would be exspected at around 15-18 in Rf1 and other games.

1 person likes this.
  2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Well, the steering wheel locks for these cars (IRL) are 612 for the Megane, 576 for the 60s Formulas and 486 for the Formula Renault, at least that's what I get when I click "vehicle select" and have "allow game to adjust" in Logitech profiler. At first I just drove with 900 degrees, but that felt a bit distant and the response was slow, and rightly so since basically my steering ratio was very low compared to what it should be. With the real steering wheel locks the steering is more responsive and it's easier to catch slides before they even happen, because I don't need to turn the wheel as much. End result is easier to drive, more stable cars.

So yeah, lowering the steering ratio from 900 to around 500-600 depending on the car definitely makes them feel more natural for me. Now I'm just waiting for the first production cars that really do have 900 degrees of steering wheel rotation.

3. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

try turning off vehichal lock and setting it at 280 and you will see what i mean , cars seem way way more rolistic and responsive like that to me.

I know 270 is a stupidly small amount to set it at and it should work fine at higher numbers im just saying try it and see lol