Simple telemetry program.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jubes, May 25, 2022.

1. Jubes

Jubes Registered

So most of my hotlap replays got deleted for some reason. That seems to be the only way the game stores your best times.
    Just wondering if there is another way of logging your times? I've got Motec, but it's too complex, I'm not sure how to use it. Is there a simple telemetry program?
    Thanks!

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

i think rfactor 2 logs results of a session in a folder named "result". it is a XML file iirc.

Jubes likes this.
  3. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Use Log Analyzer, you'll find a link on this forum

Jubes likes this.
  4. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Hi Jubes,

Did you have a look at Fidgrove, a data platform our team is building? It pretty much logs all your telemetry, and you can use a browser to navigate through your data. All available features are free to use.

It does keep a track of all your best lap times (dry and wet lap time tables), as well as race pace times (i.e., table with best 10 consecutive laps). Oh, and you can filter these tables by car/track version and join a community for comparisons.

There's plenty more features (session details page, lap details page, run charts and correlations on inputs such as ABS, TC, p2p, etc), that you might find useful. I'm adding a few pictures below for you to have a rough idea of the platform. You can also check this thread, our discord, or our website for more info.

Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  5. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Is it free??

6. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Yep, it’s free

7. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Wow..... That's an amazing resource you've got there!
    Really all I was after was somewhere to store lap times, and maybe compare/overlay lap times with different set ups. Do you remember the telemetry program in F1 Challenge 99-01? ... Something like that!
    I'm not sure the tracks we are using in our league are supported though.... I couldn't find them?
    I'll check it out anyway...... Thanks!

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  8. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Thank you! Let me know any feedback you may have, so we keep improving it :)

On the supported content, we aim to support all licensed content and mods/variations of it. Leagues usually use mods/variations of licensed content, and at the moment we have to manually add support for them (e.g., so they are seen as just another version of the original content). We plan to automatically support all of these mods within the next month. Which league(s) are you in?

9. Jubes

Jubes Registered

I'm in Simracing-gp league (SRGP). The tracks change all the time, I guess they are based on official content, I don't know!

10. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Ah, ok, cool. SRGP uses both licensed and non-licensed content, so it might happen that sometimes a car or track is not supported.

Jubes likes this.