simple requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Jan 17, 2013.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

id like to have a small stat at my name simple.. number of wins 23 number of 2nd's 3rd etc ... fasteste laps SAVED on ALL servers who is fastest int he land etc
    your fastest lap saved and who is the fastest lap between u and friends..
    this is an addictive feeling knowign u are workign on your stats and overall profile..

I have also propsed a simple podium with only a podium drawing with the racers names on there .
    also a overall who got fastest lap ( not some big graphical thing)

this must be about 20 minutes work shurly?

or is it impossible to save stats cross servers

I JUST WANT SOMETHING TO RACE FOR .. APART FORM THE GREAT EXPERIENCE AND RUSH U GET ..
    ALL PEOPLE DO AT END OF RACE USUALY IS SLAM THERE CAR INTO A WALL OR DO SOEMTHING STUPID HOW ABOUT A GRAPHIC THAT HAS THEM PUT HAND OUT WINDOW IF THEY 1st 2nd 3rd WAVIGN AT FANS.. WITH INCREASED CHEERING VOLUME....thats what they do in real life and finish off with the podium stuff at end...right now you get abotu 20 seconds ..

u dont even ge to check most of ur lap times before it resets without anyway of stopping it .. and that to me feels arcady

and u can feel cheesy cos ur on the podium .. and acheivement with your new stat to your name for all to see , it also gives everyone a real reason to win knowing whats on the line

im hardly askig u to rewrite your game .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  2. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

3. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

YES, but I would prefer a result message and here some 'fine words' from my race engeneer

a DIALOG with a voice recognitioned race engeneer would be a huge step to enhance simracing immerson.

4. Max

Max Registered

I like the idea of saving a .html file to wherever (lap times, splits, etc). Have it emailed to yourself if you want to lol.. Servers can and should have a GUI where you can see the leaderboards on the current track or other tracks raced on the server.. A leaderboard in general is a great idea, but invites all the exploiting and cheating one can imagine. I don't know, I like the idea anyway, would be nice to see it in this Sim.

5. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

i dont think isi are capable of it .. ohhhhhh .. OUCH

expecting back lash lol

6. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Do you mean speech recognition?
    - Speech recognition: recognize the dialog
    - Voice recognition: recognize who is speaking

Regardless, I'd say that's doubtful because that on its own is a very computationally intensive task. Additionally, it would require so much more development from ISI. Perhaps a mod using CMU-Sphinx or something would be reasonable.

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I think he just wants to hear some praises when he wins like you know "wow dude that was an awesome race, great job, thanks a lot,...".

8. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Ahh, kind of like in Codemasters' Race Driver: Grid?

9. Radar

Radar Registered

surely they are, it's just whether they want to add braggings rights features just for the sake of it..

10. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

^ that right there made me laugh. but agreed, a little more in terms of user stats might be nice to have.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

All possible, and we have mentioned most of them before, such as stats, but lower priority than the fundamentals of the software itself.

Your later post in this thread, I didn't particularly like, even if in jest, I think I have heard enough of that type of assumption, and the forum rules are probably suggested reading when you return. Thanks.

12. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

something like you can hear in "team radio" at F1 transmissions .

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good to hear :)

"I think he just wants to hear some praises when he wins like you know "wow dude that was an awesome race, great job, thanks a lot,...". "

It should be something simple as " P1, great job!" Addition to the spotter maybe...