Sim recognizes pedal/wheel but won't work

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Garnet, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Garnet

Garnet Registered

When I go into the Assign section the sim displays that I have a Thrustmaster T500 Wheel and CST pedals. At various times I've been able to get the wheel to work, or the pedals to work, but it won't let both of them work at the same time. As soon as I try to assign the second item (wheel or pedals) it erases the first item (wheel or pedals).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the windows control panel for your T500, is the wheel shown as the preferred device? Try unplugging your pedals, reboot your computer, let windows find your wheel, THEN plug in the pedals. Launch rF2 and see if that helps...best of luck!

3. Garnet

Garnet Registered

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Not sure if I'm clear on what you mean by preferred, but it does show my pedals and wheel so I presume it recognizes them.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

when you first click on the TM control panel to open it, you see two buttons, Advanced & Properties. Click on Advanced. It will list a controller as the preferred device. If it is not the wheel, then unplug all USB except your mouse. Plug the wheel in and it should then be recognized as the preferred device.