Silverstone 1.14 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This REPLACES 1.01, like every component does when a new version is released. :)

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The new surface is just perfect. SO much fun!

3. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

Wow, this track is fantastic...I've done many laps on this new version and the grip levels feel great. I'm really thrilled to get such an excellent version of one of the absolute best tracks in the world.

I'm getting easily over 30 fps on the start with sweetfx on and the track looks so stunning.

Great work,

Sean

4. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Yes I understand, but I was wondering if I could have them both installed and by choosing the track layout would determine which version the game will load, simply because this would be an easier way to not break the RMT Megane mod, still have the ability to use the new track version without uninstalling/re-installing RMT when I want to use it. I would prefer to leave it all installed until the mod creator updates to the new SS version. I'm just wondering if having both versions installed for the time being will work. I just don't know how to tell which version the game loads since it shows 1.01 in the spinner, but the new layout at the bottom named GT.

I cannot tell if this is the new version, but it looks beautiful either way. :)

View attachment 11633

5. Thor

Thor Registered

Thanks!

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I love new Silverstone. Performance is much much better. Bumps feel great and few corners are now trickier but it adds to fun factor. ;) Dunno if placebo effect but I felt a bit more grip with very little amount of rubber. Just my feeling. Loving it so far!

Also I must say I really enjoy this detailed changelog. I really hope it is not one off. :D

Thank you ISI track team. I salute you. Great job.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Utterly impressive. Passing the wing I was getting 27-25 FPS at the worst places, now it's almost 40. Much steadier FPS, less jumps between high 50s and low 30s.

To have this level of detail AND this kind of performance is just going to be the new, hard to beat Gold Standard. Many thanks!

8. 88mphTim

I posted it. Bit reluctant as I'm using my personal dropbox and personal site as mirrors only, but I'll add them as soon as I get them.

9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Does this work with "all tracks all cars". I don't have any series installed and only ever use "all tracks all cars", but after uninstalling 1.01 and installing 1.14, I cannot see it in the list of selectable tracks. Never had any issue like this before. Any suggestions appreciated.

10. 88mphTim

Yes, it does. Can't give advice as to why, if your files are correct it will work.

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Actually, after install, I notice I don't have the Silverstone_MAPS.mas that the .mft file refers to. Is it possible my rfcmp download was corrupt but still installs without error?

My rfcmp file is only 338 meg so I guess its corrupt but didn't error on install. Will re-download.

12. 88mphTim

It shouldn't install, if corrupt. 354.88MB is the filesize it should be.

Can you save your 338MB version and send it to us somehow if it managed to install without error? Thanks. I'd use dropbox: http://db.tt/lPLFKxeA After you upload, click the paperclip and send it to me timw@imagespaceinc.com

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Yeah, sorry, I went to uninstall 1.01 but it had some mods attached to it. I got rid of the mods but forgot the track.

I,ll shut up now..........

14. 88mphTim

I actually didn't have it mentioned in the first post when you posted, so thanks for the reminder. :)

15. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Thanks ISI!

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Sorry Tim, I already deleted it. I redownloaded and installed and its fine now, but previous version definately installed without error, but unfortunately I overwrote it.

17. philman

philman Registered

Masterpiece. Thanks.

18. 88mphTim

OK, no problem. If anyone else gets this (with any mod). We're interested in (insert Uncle Sam pointing here) you!

19. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

WOW! Just turned hdr on for the first time on Silverstone1. Man what i have been missing!

20. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Thanks ISI Staff :)