Shift lights with engine boost; not working proper.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, May 10, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

It occurs to me that when you make some engine boost into the engine (in this case like settings; you can change them driving) and make for every step a higher rpm level, the shift lights keep working with the default rpm setting.
    For instance; default is 12.000 rpm and the light goes on at 11.800 rpm. I do 4 steps of 250 rpm and thus having a max rpm of 13.000; the lights still go on at 11.800 rpm, making me not using the extra rpm and power.

So, my question; how? :)
    I want to make the lights work with higher rpm, but I can't seem to figure that one out.
    Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance!

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

No one? ;)

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I don't know if this have sense, because the warning light is for RPM, and RPM's limit remains the same with or without boost, it's all about engine's speed, not about power.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Cant help but Im really hoping your back into working on your 2015F1's Nav . good to see you back btw. :) still my go to OW car for a quick RF2 fix.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@dbaldi, you are right, but to simulate the "thing I want it to do", I had to upper the maximum rpm too. See it as a kind of mapping setting.
    This al doesn't work when you keep shifting at the same rev light; you should take advantage of the more rpm. It is not just a temp boost setting.

@bwana, thanks for your kind words, but no, I'm not really "back" as in modding. I do keep track of the forum, sometimes more, sometimes less.
    I'm working on an update for another car but it all goes very slowly; I just have to take that slowly.
    The F1 mod.......eh........this question is for that one yes, but its more like it keeps bothering me. I will be happy when I get it proper, those lights. Also, in the background, I do a little of this and a little of that on it, but at the rate its going; it may take a few years :(
    When I have a good day; I try to fix something, but I can't sit down for it for hours like I did before. So, because of that, I haven't set a goal to finish it and I'm under no illusion I will be able to.

May I ask; what do you mean by "for a quick rF2 fix"? What do you fix than?

6. bwana

bwana Registered

its a slang term for just wanting to jump in my sim for a quick drive when I havnt got time to do a long session (full weekend). Often just prior to or just after watching a live F1 event on TV utilizing the same track.. I often see slightly different lines or gear selection when watching live and try to emulate to see if its any better for my times.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hehe, I thought you were fixing your times maybe (well, almost than) or a track/settings.......I had no clue.
    Australia; nice slang :) I had to read the "until the cows come home" in the demo/stupid topic 5 times to get it :) (funny as hell though!)

8. bwana

bwana Registered

lol its not English its Straylen (Aus -stray-len) :)