Shared Menory, Dash and Simhub

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Herve_Versabeau, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

To DEVs
    for dashboards, also think of the many simhub users and add data to the shared memory

Some examples
    - Factory aids cars 0/1 (abs, tc, tc cut, etc....)
    - Level for abs/tc/tc cut/tc slip angle
    - Oil T°
    - Water T°
    - ABS/TC active
    - Engine Map

- More accurate damage management something other than 0/1/2 but rather damage percentages

2. Herve_Versabeau

UP for the devs

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oil and water temp aren't missing from the plugin interface, they're just blocked in most (/all) DLC cars. Maybe a change to what's in different groups would be possible, but that could depend on agreements as well.

4. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Pretty weird (agreements) to allow access to tire temp... but not water temp... :)

Could be that everything base on a predetermined data table wouldn't get shared... but I'm pretty sure other thing like rpm... should not be shared by that logic...

Anyway weird...

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  5. Herve_Versabeau

@Lazza
    I don't see why you can see the oil and water T° on the hud and not have them in the shared memory
    ex : Corvette C8 GTE

[​IMG]

6. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

It's a choice by S397 and probably an agreement between them and those manufacturers delivering technical information on the cars.
    Else I cant see the reason for locking out that information.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As above: part of some (at least) licensing agreements is that some telemetry is blocked. S397 have done that by sorting all the available data into groups and having an .hdv mechanism to block each of those groups from output as required (same concept as my DAMPlugin, though the two aren't related and my groups don't match theirs).

Maybe at least one manufacturer didn't want oil/water temps shown and that's why they're blocked, or maybe the group organisation was arbitrary and the whole group containing those is blocked because of other data in the same group that does need to be blocked.

If agreements state particular data that should be blocked, maybe S397 can reconfigure the groups and 'release' any data not explicitly mentioned. But if the agreements are based on "here are the groups we have, and we'll block these ones for you" there may be no room for movement. Basically we don't know.

The point is, the lack of data for those temps comes from the blocking. They're already in the interface and already in the (third-party) shared memory, so they don't need to be added.

In other words: having them available may be easier or harder than adding the other stuff to the plugin interface.

I agree though, if we can literally see it I can't see why we shouldn't be able to log it. We possibly already could since it gets shown in the MFD (so it's more exposed in memory than the raw physics data).

PS the last game update also blocks [plugin] overrides via upgrades, so that will hamper 'unlocking' cars that require future builds to work.