Shadows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flitzi, Jun 3, 2012.

1. flitzi

flitzi Registered

When I use medium shadows I lose about 40-50% fps compared to shadows off in a 10 car grid.
    Low shadows seem to have no opponent car shadow at all. I lose about 10% with low, but to be honest, I don't see the difference to off. No shadow below the car just looks odd.
    Could we please get a low shadow that has little fps impact. I'm absolutly fine with just a static rectangle shadow right below the opponent car, no need to do any geomtry or sun direction calculations.

Thanks for reading.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Haha, I just started a threat asking if the heavy pull on fps from the shadows is normal or if it is some sort of bug. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5926-Shadows-and-their-fps-draw-a-bug-or-just-the-way-it-is

But that's actually a great idea (+1) if it is normal, the shadows just pull that much, for those of us who can't run shadows then; to get a "half low" shadow; just a darker spot underneath the cars so it doesn't look odd. Now without shadows, the cars seem to hover :)

3. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

static undercar shadows are coming eventually... That's been confirmed earlier..

Shadows are further up the list then ever, Gjon said, so I would wait a little bit longer for future updates.. I think things will change. Nevertheless, shadows are something hard for GPU's