SOLVED Shadows in cockpit view not appearing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rob Moore, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

I cannot whatever settings I put in get the shadows to appear in the cockpit view, in any car.

Is there a setting i'm not aware of? Shadows set to high, fast blur. Post Processing to medium.

2. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

In fact now i've noticed this, shadows are not being cast on the cars at all either from themselves or environment shadows, shadows are only cast on the track and environment.

I did not notice this before as was just enjoying the game, but now I do its annoying.

is there a JSON setting that addresses this? Reinstall? Nvidia setting?

Running a 1080ti.

Please help.

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Isnt interior shadows coming with the new interior updates? Or maybe it was improved interior shadows? Cant remember.

4. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Just seeing other people running the game on videos with it working fine. Old content and the latest content so don't think its a new feature.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Clear your CBASH and SHADERS folders and try again.

6. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Thank you that worked! Working in single screen mode anyway, will see if it works in multiview triple screen setup later.

7. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Registered

Just to close this out, I was running sli 1080ti setup with multiview on on triple monitors. Clearing the CBASH and SHADERS folders did not fix the problem while I was in this setup, but when i disabled SLI and ran using a single monitor then cleared those folders, opening the game again it did sort it out. Turning multiview and sli back on again and its working properly again!

You'll know if there is a problem with your setup as when you are sat in the garage there are no shadows cast at all in the garage, and nothing will cast on the players car either looking from an external view.

Game looks great now!

davehenrie likes this.