Setup garage Notes

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by SeKa, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Since rF1 allready wished, now implemented - Thanks a lot.

But it needs one step of improvement to be a ideal one. I have to load the set, to see my note. It should be possible on one click, without loading the set. Please have look on this...

Attached Files:

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm not sure that would be possible as the notes have to be saved to the setup file, unless there was a way to pre load the notes of course but its no biggy to load the setup abd see the notes IMO.
    would be cool though if done!

3. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Yep, you are right. Pre load would be one possible solution. Another may be to use two different files.

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

It would be a nice feature if changes that you've made since your last saved setup appeared in a different colour, so you can more easily identify what you have changed from a default or baseline setup.

For instance:
    1. Default/baseline setup has white numbers, it's called 'Monza'.
    2. Make a few changes, example, add more front wing and decrease diff coast setting, those numbers now appear in a different colour (let's say blue). Save as 'Monza2'.
    3. Load the default/baseline and make some different changes, this time diff power and front anti roll. These numbers also appear in blue. Save as 'Monza_test'.
    4. Now, if you load 'Monza2' it will display the front wing and diff coast as blue so you know that relative to your default/baseline, those are the only differences.
    5. Loading 'Monza_test', you will see only diff power and front ARB in blue.
    6. Easy way to compare the differences between two different sets.

Further:
    7. Assigning 'Monza_test' as your new default/baseline makes that setup all in white numbers.
    8. Now if you load 'Monza', it will have diff power and ARB in blue (since they're the aspects that are different now).
    9. Load 'Monza2', it will have front wing, diff coast, diff power and ARB all in blue since relative to 'Monza_test' they are the differences.

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

5. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Well understood, I didnĀ“t dare to wish so extensive... ;)