Setting grid in MP

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Spadge, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Someone help me out here, this is driving me nuts.

Currently, my server is counting Warmup times to set grid. This should never happen. It should count Qual times first, Practice times next, race finishing position if a restarted weekend.

This is how my RF1 server works, and I would very much like to know where the settings are to achieve this in RF2.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

1. Disable warm-up
    2. Set grid order in dedicated server

3. Spadge

Spadge Registered

That is not really a solution.

Also, it's my understanding that you can only set the grid in warmup. Maybe that's something that rf1 did that rf2 doesn't too. I don't know. Seems crazy to allow you to set grid before the Qualifying session.

But thanks for taking the time to write something.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

How do you set your grids?

if its with gridedit then the fault might be in the xml files, xml files where wip a while ago and i'm not sure on their status atm.

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

The grid is supposed to be set by Practice/Qual, then when you restart the weekend after the first race the finishing positions set the grid for the next one.

Warmup is never supposed to affect grid positions.

People joining in Warmup will go to the back of the grid and their position is determined in the next race for the one after, etc.

If this is handled by rf2 writing to temporary xml files and this is currently broken then that makes some kind of sense, but it still doesn't explain why Warmup affects grid position.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh sorry, the thread title made me asume this was about a manual gridedit.

Can't realy help you other then stating we just did a week-event last week and had no issues whatsoever. server setup as per usual, practise/quali/warmup/race.

Since i dont see many peeps with the same issue i would be looking at the server, its maybe just on your end.
    for example, are there even quali xmls recorded, and if so do they look reasonably normal?
    And what does the multiplayer.ini do when you look at the entries on sessions, maybe something needs a change.