Setting Analog Gauges.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by D.Painter, Mar 10, 2013.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all.
    I'm working on some gauges ATM and are have trouble with the needles. When we place a analog needle over the background it's set to a center point. However my problem is, the gauges are the fuel and temp ones and the needles are off set to one side. In the cockpit ini there are no entries to adjust the center point for these gauges.

Is there another way to off set or is there a entry that can be added to the ini that will allow the needle to be moved around over the gauge background texture without affecting the center point for the background?

To help you understand easier what I'm saying or asking, I've added this picture to illustrate.
    GTR_Gauges1.jpg

Thanks for you help guy's.

This is in rF1 ATM but will be going into rF2. What is achieved with this may or may not be useful when this car goes into rF2. Hope so, or if ISI can consider this as a need to be added to rF2's Cockpit ini.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Well there sure is a solution, add these lines and modify them :)

FuelLEVELCenter=(0.5, 0.5)
    WaterTempCenter=(0.5, 0.5)

Value 0.5 is at center. I don't remember which one is horizontal or vertical position, but you will find it out by testing :)

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Many thanks Johannes. I knew there had to be a way!

So grateful to you.

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all.
    We see so many times questions are ask and answered but we rarely see or hear if the answer did actually work or help.

These two simple lines have made all the difference between what we had to what we have now so yes, it works. Thank you Johannes.

GTR_Gauges.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013