Serving drive through penalties

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Craigjw, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I got a drive through penalty for something, so pulled into the pits, stopped in the box for the 10s and drove off, several laps later of totally clean driving, it tells me that i have 1 lap left to serve my penalty, so I serve it again, this continues until the race finishes.

I don't think that it's registering penalties being served properly.

2. PMC

PMC Registered

Not sure but a drive through is exactly that ,drive through, if you stop in the box it may register as a pitstop and not a drive through ,stop and go might be different matter

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Drive throughs must be exactly that, a drive through. If you were able to work them in with a pitstop, then it wouldn't really be a punishment XD

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Do you have the option of serving them (as per stop goes) where you get a serve (yes no) in the pit window.. you may need to select it (Havent had one yet, so havent tested it).. I have however noted the stop go is an option and you can select not to serve it when pitting (albeit) you need to serve it prior to your lap limit (3 or whatever it tells you).

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the stop-go is in the menu because if you come to a stop in the pits you may want to choose to do an actual pitstop (to get fuel, for example) rather than the stop-go. When you drive through the pits without stopping the game knows you're serving the drive-through.

6. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I don't select anything in any menu's, I drive up to the box to server my stop & go penalty, the message window shows the time I am to serve the penalty and the timer starts, I wait for 10s then go. I then get another 3 laps to server my stop-go penatly.

7. JGraf

JGraf Registered

it is possible to be penalized for more than one reason. you can't clear two separate penalties at once.
    :example: speeding on pit road, and exiting pits under red light... two separate penalties require two separate stops.

8. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I had one penalty for a false start, the rest of my race was clean. I had the pit speed limiter on before the line and released it after the exit line.

9. JGraf

JGraf Registered

could be a track specific issue, i have one track where even after serving the penalty a DQ is given... it was Canberra400_1.00
    which also has a start/finish line mis-location issue, lap scores and checkered flag waves exiting the last turn but you get scored a lap down if you fail cross the line at the flag stand.

also, the pit-in/pit-out line is not always where it is suppose to be, another track related issue, can't remember which track that was but it does exist.

i would guess your issue on a per track basis, not a rF2 game bug.

10. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but don't you need to select 'stop/go' in the pit menu before serving your penalty?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I *think* if you go to the pitmenu it shows the stop/go penalty, ie by default when you drive in the pits you'll serve the penalty. It's up to you to change that setting if you want to postpone it.

And Craigjw appears to say above he sees the message when he's serving the stop/go, so it does sound more like a track issue. Obviously the whole "drive through" in the title has confused matters :p