Server ram usage seems excessive - 1.6GB

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Carr, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Carr

Carr Registered

I have just started running a couple of rF2 dedicated servers on a VPS I have access to and have noticed a large amount of ram usage expanding upto 1.6GB after 24 hours and slowly continue to rise by about 1KB per second. I have found this on 2 different mods I have used, but of the 2 servers running it only seems to happen on the most used one. I have been unable to find any current information on expected ram usage, but I think that it is rather excessive. The details of the server are as follows:

Practice: 60min
    Qual: 15min
    Warmup: 5min
    Race: 10 or 15 laps.
    Weather: scripted with 1 chance in each session of all tracks
    Real Road: Progressive for all sessions of all tracks
    HTTP server: enabled max file 1MB
    Record replay to memory: disabled
    Replays: disabled
    Session Paused when empty: enabled

Server 1: RSM - Spark F2 : ISI Spark F2 vehicle (3 models), ISI Brianza (short), ISI Lime Rock (no chicanes), ISI Monte Carlo and ISI Mills Metro (Outer A).
    Server 2: IFS3 and BT20 : Mak Corp IFS3 and ISI BT20 vehicles, ISI Monte Carlo, ISI Mills Metro (outer A) and Longford v0.92 by woochoo.

Server 1 starts using approx 180MB when first started and Server 2 approx 330MB. There had been several races on the rotation of the server with an average of about 8 people and max about 12 within the time the server had been up. It happened when I was only running 1 server on either rfmod as well as both. The only thought I had as to the source of the RAM usage was the real road and weather information for the track, but why wouldn't that clear when the track changed to the next one.

The weirdest thing I noticed is that when I closed the offending server, or even both, there was a rFactor2 Dedicated Server process still running in Task Manager and using about 1GB of ram. I left it for about 10 minutes without change before manually ending the process. The servers aren't currently running due to some maintenance on the server, but will have them back up within about 10 hours or so.

Am I missing something within the config or is this standard?