Server ok, can't login in my server...

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Tiger, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Tiger

Tiger Registered

hi'
    I recently made a vmod and set ports on my adsl box, cheked all with port checker and cports, everything sems fine, but...
    when I want to login on the dedicated I launched, RF2 says "login fails" ...
    my only solution is to be logged as "local connection"

ports forwarded : 443, 44297, 54297, 54347 and 64397 (as in multiplayer ((for http share, skins, download components)
    I set the same ports as allowed in my firewall (comodo)
    and it still doesn't work...

so, 2 questions : do we have to be logged as "local"
    all set, is it correct?

welcome to any help ;)

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Did you sign in when registering the package? What does the matcher status say on the final hosting window?
    Actually, I've just re-read your question, and yes, local connection is fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  3. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks for quick answer ;)
    so, I have to connect "local", just because my machine hosts?
    well, if so, as you say, it's fine
    and yes, the mod registering is ok, can see the mod in the matchmaker...
    may, be I should launch a game and check if some driver can log in...

so, soon, the host name is F1L13-SPA

if some of you see this in the list could try to log in?
    anyway, it's for a near future (I hope), coz, the sounds messes up with the latest build...
    can hear every sigle car running around, it's impossible to drive like this...
    even correcting the ssfx file, and check in mod dev, it's the same...

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

No. If you connect 'local' you don't go via the port forwarding and connect direct. If you can't connect without 'local ' checked, other people probably can't either.

5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

that's what I thought...
    so, I have a problem with my firewall...
    it could be this and only this, all the rest is fine and checked as I mentionned.
    back to "WTF?" .. lol

6. canastos

canastos Registered

I'm sure you have to check "Local connection" when you are hosting and playing on the same machine, and even more, on the same LAN, that's what this checkbox is there to, and believe me, I've hosted races hundreds of times, the last one, last night ;)

So, no worries, you are doing right

byyyyyyyyyye

7. Tiger

Tiger Registered

alright, so thanks ;)
    I'll go on like this.

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Yes, If you are hosting you should check 'local'. When I test my server I uncheck it and try again. If my port forwarding is wrong I can't connect. When my port forwarding is correct I can join my own server with 'local' unchecked. When I can connect with local unchecked, I know my friends can connect too.

9. johnconner

johnconner Registered

tern on DMZ for your server machine on your rooter you have to login to it to do it ports on my rooter do nothing without DMZ enabled you must set your ip on your server machine to static if not when you restart the machine it will change its own ip then you have to reset the DMZ every time..... if you have to tick LAN to join no other players will be able to join...

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The matchmaker lists your public IP not your local IP and most routers won't route traffic this way. If you are connecting to a server running on your local network it is necessary to check the local button. This is totally normal. The best way to check your firewall is to have someone outside connect. Simply unchecking the local box doesn't cut it. 99% of the time it will fail if your on the same network. Again, totally normal.

Get a friend to test it for you. Something I do sometimes is tether my laptop to my cellphone and test it that way. Or even easier, RDP into my computer at the office and connect back to the server with that computer.

11. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks guys ;)
    so, so far, what I do is quite correct, ports forwarded as mentionned in the original message, firewall setup for ports in use by rf2, dmz enabled, static ip fixed a longtime ago...
    so, the only way to check is, online and friends or drivers can log in or not
    this will be done ;)

in the matchmaker's list, my server will host "F1L13-SPA" (mod F1L2013 + Spa2011) tomorrow and during a few days...
    if some of you can't log in, just say it, I'll try to see what's wrong ;)
    thanks by the way :)