server not showing with vMod?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Rich Goodwin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hi guys. Experimented with running a 10-man server from my machine home machine this evening with a view to making a little league on my website.

Much fun was had in the Clio. After the fun had ended I looked in to making a vMod for the said league so next time we race I can swap tracks around and just generally get a feel for how all of that works.

Made my vMod, not including the tracks. It works locally as a test, loaded up Croft with the clio. Applied it to the dedicated hosting client and my server never shows up on the server list.

Just to eliminate other issues I restarted with the 1960's package and it works fine.

Anything I am missing?
    Thanks guys!

2. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Not sure if it can cause the problem you're experiencing, but did you register the mod or did you 'skip' that step?
    View attachment 6808

Other than that, what's the status in dedicated server window for 'matcher status'? 'Server updating successfully' is what you want there.

I assume it's the same server with no settings changed other than the mod it is running?

Is the server the same pc that you use as a client or do you have a dedicated server?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hi Doc. Can confirm I registered it as the first time I included a '.' and it threw an error with naming, so changed it.

It says it loads the track but nothing else. No other settings, other than the server should now be running the mod I made.

The server IS on the same PC as I use as a client.

EDIT: Just to cover all bases. The server, on the same machine I use to drive too, hosts fine unless I attempt to use my own vmod. 10 of us raced all evening.

I have a 120Mbs connection which allows right around 2.5mbs upload speed. I figured around 10-12 cap on the drivers would keep things in check. Seemed to go well all night.

The PC I am driving and hosting from:

i7 3770, 32GB RAM, GTX 660 2gb.

I also forwarded ports and cleared the host IP through the DMZ. Also changed a value in the multiplayer .ini. I think it was "enable download=1". Not at the PC so can't be sure.

Thanks. Just thought I'd post this as these are the things I have covered myself.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I think I read of a similar issue somewhere before. Can't find it though, and I don't recall if a solution was found.

Maybe try a vmod that's definately working in mp. Download it from another server using 'get mod' and try hosting that one yourself to check if it's a specific problem with your vmod or a general issue with hosting vmods on the same pc that is used as a client.

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just to update.

Yesterday evening I opened up port 64397, uninstalled and reinstalled build 156 and re packaged my vMod. My server now shows. Not sure which solved the problem but just letting people know it's possible.