Server invisible in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BART Fred, Feb 27, 2023.

1. BART Fred

BART Fred Registered

Hello everyone. I have a friend who has a problem with Rfactor server.
    - All rfactor2 TCP and UDP ports have been opened in the router and in the Windows firewall.
    - We have modified the Rfactor2 server shortcut.
    - We have created the Mods with MASE2 and MoGR
    - We manage to launch Rfactor2 Server
    - To choose the circuit, Cars, session options
    - To launch the server which decomposes the start-up time
    But then when you launch Rfactor 2 from the computer where the server is located and from a remote computer. The server cannot be found in Multiplayer, with all the boxes unchecked except "internet"
    In addition we see the server on this page which shows us that the server is indeed public and online.https://fun4all.lt/serverlist/rF2.php
    Does anyone have a solution ?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, no Solution, because there can be many Reasons, but like on the above mentioned Serverlist Website, also my rF2 Server Website, show the same Amount of Servers.
    And i bet, that the Steam Serverlist and also the List in the rFactor 2 Multiplayer Site, show less than that.
    I know that Problem from the Beginning of rFactor 1, where you did have a Setting in the Player File, with that you could raise the Amount of displayed Servers.
    So maybe his Server is a Victim of that "Phenomenon".
    Sometimes, such Servers show up, when you refresh and refresh and refresh.......

DanRZ likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Check the firewall signature of the exe, that can lock the outputs.
    Make sure you have the "Matchmaking" set to true in your json.

As said before it can be a lot of things ...

Lan IP of the server may have changed if not fixed and screw the NAT forward rule, to give another example ...

4. trichens

trichens Registered

Hi.
    I had a problem with my router configuration which had to have the "loopback" option enabled so that I could see my own server...
    Could it be this?

5. redapg

redapg Registered

That normally only affects the User, that wants to join the Server from the same Machine on that the dedicated Server runs, but doesn't prevent the Server from being shown in the Server List.
    And it seems, as if newer Router doesn't have that Loopback Function available anymore.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

As he did say, the Server appears on the 3rd Party List, so it is online.
    The Question is, why it doesn't appears on the Steam rF2 Server List, because my Server List Website and i suppose also the other mentioned Site, do use the Steam API to generate the Site.
    So why is there a Difference between the official Server Site and our Sites?