server cannot download content even though i have all the needed content.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Biral, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Daniel Biral

Daniel Biral Registered

so i signed up for a league the other day and when i went to go and join it it gave ne the error "Unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content" yet i have all the content needed. so i get into voice call with the server host and we agree that this is correct. i have so far tried
    -reinstall all content
    -reinstall game
    -verify file integrity in steam
    -clear packages folder
    -verify there are not duplicates of any files
    -verify all versions are correct
    i have no idea what to do. please help and thanks in advance.

2. Glorfind82

Glorfind82 Registered

Had the same kind of problem, just resolved it this evening. I don't know why my Packages folder was transformed to a file with no extensions in which the rfmod could not be downloaded. Had to recreate a Packages folder. But I see you cleared it (so it was there). Maybe not the same problem after all but a quick check could maybe help

mister dog likes this.
  3. mister dog

mister dog Registered

This is the biggest frustration with Rf2 online really, these kind of errors when people do have all the correct content downloaded and installed. You are given a generic error message and left to fend for yourself trying all sorts of workarounds to get into a server.

Same for people setting up a dedi server too; also a ton of weird errors that don't make sense a lot of the times. It would be nice if S397 could give some TLC to this aspect of the game, because I'm pretty sure it's the biggest annoyance/pain in the arse of all.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Check the content installed in the server an in your pc.
    Take in account the number versions (base content versions and update versions)
    Check that there isn't installed in your pc other content with the same name as the content in the server.