Seperating Offline Tracks with Online Tracks

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcG, Jun 7, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As Slothman relates to Backwards Compatibility of tracks in the "Freedom of will" thread it gave me an idea for the seperation of tracks when used offline, example:

Instead of having to have a seperate install for Offline and Online (lets pretend not everyone has a massive HD!) then could there be a way to somehow "link" the 'Single Player' mode to use an editied version of an AIW file instead? then when you go to race Multiplayer the game automatically loads the "Online" version of the track with the original AIW file.

This way when people (like me!) want to mess about and create an offline championship but need to edit AIW and GDB files etc we dont need a completley seperate install of the track or indeed the whole game just to race Offline.

Or with the Backwards Compatibilty idea (Slothman again) have a folder created alongside the version numbers thus:

Brands Hatch v1
    \V1.01
    \V1.2
    \V1.5
    \V1.5a
    \Offline

Sure large track updates could mean more disk space granted, same as a small update V1.5a might be a few kb of a file, I just think a way to keep everything related the same whether Offline or Online is the way to move forward currently, otherwise I can see a bit of a mess occuring further down the line when racing SP or Multi.

(Idea blatantly ripped from Slothman but I'm sure he wont mind ;) )