Separate key assignations and FFB settings from controller.ini

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by SPASKIS, May 19, 2012.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi everybody,

I write this post to account for an issue which is very disturbing for me. I don't understand why are FFB and key assignations in the same file. Usually the key assignation is quite fixed and once configured few changes are introduced. However the FFB settings might be adjusted from one mod to other. It is very disturbing to try to load a key assignation and get the FFB configuration all meshed up. They should be in 2 separate files in my opinion. For example, I usually play with my laptop connected to a TV (laptop closed) and with an external keyboard. However when I use the laptop keyboard I would like to change the assignations (the numpad keys work only as normal number keys and has less buttons than the external keyboard). I also would like to have another key assignations with all the view commands assigned for making videos in the replay mode. Usually it is not posible to assign them all due to the large numbers of commands used. it would be nice to be able to change the settinngs within the replay for the commented purpose (the same as in race).

Actually the only way to do what I asfk for is editing the controller.ini and copy/paste the section from other controller setting file.

Thanks,