Semi-OT: IndyCar and Maserati Trofeo at Sonoma Raceway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by William David Marsh, Aug 26, 2013.

1. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

So, this weekend, I got to go to the IndyCar event, and watched the Maserati Trofeo event at Sonoma Raceway. I brought my best friend, who had never seen any races in person, and got him hooked. Seeing the racing was awesome, especially being at one of the exciting parts of the track, and it made me realize something:

Apart from iRacing and NASCAR games, there hasn't been a true representation of the modern day track, which is a true shame, given the versatility and excitement the track gives. There are 3 different variants of the main track, and then there's also the go-kart track, which has 4 variants (six if you count the training variants). Racing at the track is truly intense, with the elevation changes, and blind corners. It would be an incredible addition to the tracks already in rFactor 2.

I am wondering if ISI has any plans to implement the track? I know it would be a good thing especially with the IndyCar license, and would be a fun car to throw the BTCC cars round when they come out...

Some photos from the weekend:
    View attachment 9493
    View attachment 9494
    View attachment 9495
    View attachment 9496
    View attachment 9497

All photos taken by me :)

2. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

The second one looks like a screenie!! (Sort of)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It appears in NASCAR games primarily because it's so closely tied with NASCAR. It's owned by SMI, which own Atlanta, Bristol, Charlotte, Kentucky, Vegas, NHMS and Texas ovals as well. SMI have some high fees, and the track can't do much alone.

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered