Sebring Server - Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

One of the top guys sent a setup yesterday. I don't have it anymore. I did a fresh install the other day and forgot to set the line in the PLR to save received setup forever.
    I tired it but was actually slower than I was with my own and I was like 4 seconds slower than he was. 6 seconds slower when using his setup. Those ailens just know how to the make a setup so the car works for them and that may not work for someone else. Anyway, I suggest you read some on setting up a car and just experiment some. Pretty soon you will begin to learn what does what and what needs to be done to get the desired results. I can make a nice setup for myself, but I will always be a mid pack runner at best. I'm just not very quick anymore (never really was), getting older and slower, lol.
    I tend to make more mistakes than I used to as well. But hey, it is all in fun and I still enjoy it greatly.

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Good point :)

I'm finding now with my own, more stable setup that im more confident to get on the gas and hold the slide that i know how the car will behave and that seems to be helping more than anything. All good fun, but damned if seeing those times online doesnt motivate you to work on a setup :D

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

That's a big indicator that it is driving. ;)

When you're looking for the last half a second for example, then start looking at setup.

If you don't like the default setup start with springs. Softer in rear=easier to drive.

The default setup on the corvette is bad IMO. It understeers with some late exit wheel spin. For me anyway.

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I was going to post my setup from this event, but with the new build that's probably pointless now.

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Everyone,

I am hosting a new race server for Sebring today comprising:

Car: Corvette C6R
    Practice: 110minutes
    Qualifying: 60 minutes
    Race: 12 hours! Starts at 0200GMT!!!
    Time: x1 accelerated
    Server Name: GT2_Sebring

You'll need installed the Sebring track made by Virtua_LM -- available here: http://forum.emacberry.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=7374

rfmod here for the session: http://www.filedropper.com/gt2sebring

Server up now. Hope to see you there!

Make sure you map keys for headlights ;)

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

If anyone could connect to test whether an older .rfmod works plse I'd be grateful. This one was created in the previous build.