Seat blocking the view to side mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jirka Gillig, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

Guys is there some way to make the seat in cockpit view invisible? I use tripple screen setup and in order to see the side mirrors I have to move the seat way too much to front. Which in return makes the dashboard out of sight.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you can't hide the seat. In theory a correct head position will have the seat only correctly blocking the view but I realise with triples you might want to go back far enough to get the dash. As far as I'm aware you can't have both in this case.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Wouldn't that be fixed increasing the FOV? Triple shouldn't change your seat position but your FOV.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Would be relatively rare to run triples and not run correct FOV. Choosing between the dash and FOV, I'd rather hide the dash.

5. caiopolus

caiopolus Registered

To set this mirrors fixed you need to go to rFactor 2 folder, UserData, open Player.JSON with text editor. Search for "Moving Rearview": and set to 0 to be like "Moving Rearview":0,. Then when you move your seat position in any car and the mirrors won't move, they will stay fixed as you setted up, so then you can adjust with the control mirror.
    @studio397, Put this option in game config to facilitate, and the option to disable the physical mirrors and use only the virtual mirrors to optimize the race with more cars.

Attached Files:

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@caiopolus if I'm not mistaken the OP literally can't see the (physical) mirrors because the head support part of the driver's seat is blocking the view, having moved the seat/camera position backwards. The display on the mirrors isn't the issue.