Season pass maybe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Jul 27, 2018.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hey cmon we cant knock S397 for releasing this stuff and making money to make other great DLC. But whats the chances of a season pass or something similar, to help reduce some costs?

Dan

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Season pass?? , wasn’t popular under ISI

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I think what he is suggesting is that someone can pay a flat rate and get a certain number of tracks free paid for or get new releases for a certain amount of time without having to pay individually for each track or piece of content.

Ernie and bwana like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

it'll come after i purchase everything, you watch !
    That'd be annoying .

bwana likes this.
  5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

:D For sure. ;)

bwana likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@bwana I wasn't sure what season pass meant either, but some googling of season pass and steam indicates a quantified or time-limited group purchase which then means you pay less for a chunk of content. I guess it has some merit but I wonder if the existing periodic discounts are already enough - it's not like the game forces you to buy all content to progress or take part in any competitions (some competitions will require paid content, but you have the option then, and so far it seems they run a free one concurrently) so in the interests of supporting a small software company the status quo seems fine. I'm not even sure about the discounts that already happen, but that seems to be a standard thing.

bwana likes this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

I see now the objective, it’s sort of a season long sale . With a number of sales per year is it more advantageous to s397 to offer it (season pass )or wait for those on the fence to purchase DLC during sale offers ?

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Season pass in AMS meant all content at the time of purchase + all future content for free

bwana likes this.
  9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

for a season pass S397 would have to outline all the DLC that was gonna come during the time span of that season pass so that people could evaluate whether it was worth them putting the money up front to get all the DLC or just selectively buy the DLC they actually want when released. (that would mean any licences need to be sorted in advance) - or the season pass would be a lottery, you pay up front and take your chances on what you get. As a minimum you'd need to know how many cars/tracks were going to be included.

Obviously some people would buy the season pass immediately without knowing this info "to support the Devs" which is admirable, but many won't spend money if they don't know what they are getting.

bwana likes this.