Screen freezes

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tom, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Tom

Tom Registered

Got a new machine in early Sept. and it has been great until the last few days. Out of the clear blue sky I started getting screen freezes no matter what server I might be on. A very knowledgeable friend has been helping me out and we thought it was fixed but it started happening again today.

My machine specs are:
    OS - Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    CPU - Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.2 GHz (Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
    Motherboard - MSI B85M-E45 (MS-7817
    Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Storage - 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA)

As mentioned, it has run flawlessly giving me triple digit fps since I got it on Sept. 10. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I can't really help but I have a similar issue. Out of the blue I started getting micro freezes on and off line. Last week I started getting big freezes to the point where I can't start the game.
    What I noticed was when I started STEAM my disk drive would max out at 100% and slow my PC down. As soon as I stopped STEAM in task manager disk drive would drop to normal and PC would run fine.

I did a google search for "windows 10 100 percent disk usage" and it seems a lot of people are having this issue and it can be a number of things to do with win 8 & 10.
    I have tried quite a few things that have fixed the issue for a short time but the problem comes back. The last thing I did was to run the check disk utility which took over a day to do due to the 100% disk usage. I have only tested once after doing the check disk and my PC was fine and I'm hoping that it's fixed. It's been a real pain in the ass try to fix it.

So check and see what your disk usage is that's all I can suggest.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes, can be a HDD problem, or a system-problem (virus).
    Can you organize another HDD to test rF2 on that?

4. Tom

Tom Registered

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town since Monday.
    Unfortunately, no, I can't test rF2 on another HDD but I don't 'think' the problem is related to my system. My computer has been scrutinized remotely and he finds nothing wrong. My ISP is sending a tech tomorrow to check things out and it won't surprise me if that's where the trouble lies.