Saving dimensions, scale and offset in 3DSimed.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

For a hobby project, I'm altering some values in 3DSimed. Dimension, scale and offset.
    One has to nitpick a bit of course to make it all come together.

I have one car done and several to go; I want to keep the values I altered but that doesn't work. When I close the program or even get the .gen file out of there, all values are back to 1.000 or 0.000 like they were before I started altering them.
    As I need all those values to do the same for every other car; I really would love to save them, open up the altered one again and look what I did.

Is that even possible? Is there a way?

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

When you save (export GMT) I found those value 0 out so to speak, so the changes now become the default setting.
    If you need the repeat those values for all cars, rims, or what ever your better off to write them down. A note pad and pen. Or like I do, I use notepad text file. Copy, pasd doesn't work in those values but it's just a work flow thing you get used to.

I did find that the values do change from car to car anyway so you'll need to fine tune each one, not just copy and leave. Not all the 3D models in one mod are made by the same 3D modeller so they do change in the way their made in most cases.

Navigator likes this.
  3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for your response man.
    So that's it; just old fashioned pen and paper. No biggie, could have been nice but it that option isn't there, its just not there.

Thanks!