Saitek R440 crashes with ffb on

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by valentini, Nov 22, 2015.

1. valentini

valentini Registered

Hi, if I set FFB to wheel in rF2 settings, the game crashes (with message "rFactor2 has stopped working"). I downloaded the DEMO on Windows 10. My Saitek driver is the latest although pretty old (2007).
    Does anybody know a workaround?

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Same wheel, same issue. Never used to happen and the game works with FFB turned off but the problem is a severe frustration. The wheel/drivers work with all other programs and worked with rfactor2 in the past, though I don't know whether it was the upgrade to Windows 10 or Version 980 that did it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Okay, rolling back doesn't seem to have worked. Something about the combination of the R440, rFactor 2 and windows 10 causes crashes. W10 + R440 + LFS works perfectly. W10 + R440 + AC works perfectly. W10 + Flat Out 1 & 2 + R440 works perfectly. RF2 + W7 x64 + R440 works perfectly. RF2 + W10 + R440 = CTD. I don't get it. We don't even get an error message or a 'X has stopped responding' or 'x has had to close' message. It just... stops.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
  4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Update - Okay, so for some reason running the 32bit version of RF2 with the R440 on Windows 10 works, just the 64bit version doesn't. The hell?

So...
    RF2 64bit + W7 + R440 works
    RF2 32bit + W10 + R440 works
    RF2 64bit + W10 + R440 crashes (With no error message or program failure notification. The trace log just seems to stop on the controller part.)

5. István Schmidt

István Schmidt Registered

Can u give some tips how setting ups my R440 wheel? I try some setups but not too good.

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Use this as a basis (extract it to your rFactor2\UserData\Controller folder):
    View attachment 19593
    Once you've done that start rFactor2 (in 32bit mode if you're using W10 for some reason) and load this controller profile.

It's only the basics (the correct update rate, the correct force direction, the correct rotation limits etc.) so you'll need to fine-tune it (smoothing and force multiplier specifically) but this should work.

Edit - Oh! And the pedals are swapped. That's deliberate as rather than having the weird default pedal setup I flipped them around and laid them on their back so they're closer in function to single-seater pedals.

Still, I am at a total loss as to why running the game in 32bit mode works where 64bit doesn't and seemingly only on Windows 10.

7. Florian75

Florian75 Registered

Got the same damned prob with the Saitek R660 GT.... :(

8. hophead

hophead Registered

Same issue here on a Logitech Formula Force, aka. LWFF (the old red-wheel from GPL days).

I've been using the Logitech_FormulaForce_E-UA2_Windows7-8-10_64bits-signed drivers in Windows 10. These are based on the Saitek R440 drivers. It all works OK in 32-bits, but being limited to 3GB VRAM rules out some of the later tracks.

If anyone found a solution, please let me know. I'm rather partial to my 20 year old LWFF.

/Rich

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020