Safety Car warnings

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by McNolo, Jun 3, 2019.

1. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Hello:

I would like to suggest the possibility of using safety car track warnings but without a physical safety car driven by the game. I know it is possible to use a human safety car, omitting the safety car of the game and using a car driven by a person, but it is not possible to activate the track warnings, you know, the message on the screen, yellow flags, corner workers, etc. You need to use the chat to advice the drivers and this is not the best way, someone don't see the message, etc.

I have researched a bit on the subject and there are two commands that take the safety car to track (I'm talking about online play). They are "/ throwyellow [<laps>]" and "/ clearyellow". Obviously they can not be used because this makes the AI safety car go on track and we don't want that. I have tried to disable the AI safety car, adding to the GDB the line "SafetyCarAvailable = 0" and this works in part. The AI safety car is disabled and you can launch the command "/ throwyellow [<laps>]" without the AI safety car appearing. This is great, but unfortunately, once you activate this command it can no longer be deactivated, because without a AI safety car present on the track, the "/ clearyellow" command does not work, the warnings remain permanently activated.

So my suggestion is it would be great to be able to run the safety car warnings without a physical AI safety car. This would give the option to activate the track warnings by the race manager and use a human safety car and even a virtual safety car, but without a physical AI safety car on the track.

As I explained, it's almost done, the combination of "" SafetyCarAvailable = 0 "in the GDB and the command" / throwyellow [<laps>] "works perfectly, we just need to make work the command" / clearyellow "under these circumstances to deactivate the warnings when the administrator wishes.

Thank you.