Run, run, run, run, runaway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J0E, Sep 2, 2020.

1. J0E

J0E Registered

I bought the FEs and I'm having a grand time racing offline in my own series that uses U.S. presidents as drivers. I've noticed something interesting in the last several races. Because I'm crappy even after years of driving this sim, I have the AI set to 90% with little aggression (around 10%). I'm working my way up on the AI strength as I spend more time driving and ever so slightly improving. But what I've noticed in the last several (four or five) races is that one of the cars (and it differs each race) runs totally away from the pack. Last night, for example, I qualified P1 and was in third at the end of the first lap. I stayed in third the whole race and finished about five seconds behind second place. But first place was nearly 20 seconds faster than second place. This has been pretty consistent that one car grabs the early lead and just runs away from the pack and posts laptimes two to four seconds faster than any other car. Just for more about FE, I notice when I'm finished with a race and view the stats in LogAnalyzer that all of the AI cars finish a full race (45 minutes) with 25% to 33% fuel left. I barely limp across the line and have on several occasions run out before reaching the start/finish line (oh, Berlin mostly). And finally, just to be tedious about this because I've mentioned it before, it would be nice if the message screen used the same scale as the actual dashboard instruments. The message screen goes from 1-10 on torque and regen while the in-car, in-dash display goes from 0 to 9. The garage menu uses 1-10, too, for regen.

Emery and FORMULAEFAN71 like this.
  2. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

The AI spread is controlled by “AI Limiter”. If you’re limiter is at 0% they will have the most field spread. If it is higher (usually for ovals) the pack stays together more. Try putting that up more

Alex72 likes this.