Rubber on tracks (visual aspect/preset/default aspect)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Nov 16, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

In the official tracks, but also the vast majority of modded tracks, the road is not alive enough despite the formidable realroad.

Explanation :

On all simcade/simulation/race video games that have graphics recognized as "high quality", there is a relatively massive use of rubber on the track, which makes the road much more beautiful and in some cases more realistic.

The realroad on RF2, even if it needs to be improved, is a fabulous system.

But even with high presets or a lot of time on the track with AI, the VISUAL result is not good enough (IMO).
    I think that that's too bad.
    Can you think about it ?

-----------------------------

This has nothing to do, but the messy (dirt) windscreens with script or in real time would be great ....

2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

What about the visuals is not good ? For example the reflections of rubberd asphalt are really good. Especially with a low sun angle.
    On the other side the Marbles are terrible. Not enough and not spreed enough. Just at the edge of the rubbered line. We need more Marbles wich are more dynamic! And they should be all over the place (expect the race line of course).
    On this side nothing comes even close to iRacings particle system

Indeed. We need this. Not just for the windschield but the whole car body. Again, nothing comes even close to iRacing PopcornFX system (visual not physical). And this adds so much imersion that I really can't see me doing any Endurance races on rFactor (this plus I wait for the new UI because the old one sucks!)

torig and d0nd33 like this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Iracings rubbered line is just one dark hazy patch, it’s terrible, though marbles are better represented, they still leave a lot to be desired, and for the dirty windshield,same as above.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I had trouble expressing myself in English :

I do not speak of rubber traces that depend on the realroad.

But traces of rubber on the road that are designed at the same time as the track, during the modding process.

I think it would be relevant create rubber when creating track, and the rubber of the realroad would put more.

d0nd33 likes this.
  5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Like Nola, I think that's what you're talking about. Tire marks already on the track, then the realroad will go above them.