RTX 4070, asphalt and rain reflections don't show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stobe84, Sep 1, 2023.

1. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Hi everyone!
    So the reflections work well on cars and there is water spray, everything looks as it should (I think) and this troubles me. Asphalt doesn't look wet at all, and no reflections on it.
    Can someone show me what this sim should look like with best graphics?

I bought a laptop, Legion 5 pro and it has rtx 4070 AND AMD processor/integrated graphics card. Could there be some kind of conflict between them?
    The Nvidia card is killing it, it's just a laptop and it runs ridiciously well 2k, even on laptop.
    But now I just need to get the graphics in order.
    Anyone with Nvidia card with some good advice?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This may be content dependent, though more often outdated content has too much reflection on the road, rather than none.

Are you giving the track a chance (time) to get wet? You don't have realroad set to static or something like that? You have track reflections enabled in settings? (different to environment reflections, IIRC)

For examples of how the game looks: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....s-thread-unedited-screens-only.40609/page-434

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

4. stobe84

stobe84 Registered

Ok so, I rebooted the machine and put default settings on Nvidia control panel. I also deleted all the cashe files and now it works. 2k, 150 fps when driving, graphics pretty much on full. The only time it slows down is when showing all the cars and weirdly, when I show the order scrolling at the top of the screen. That makes it lag like hell for some reason.
    Didn't see reflections in Interlagos, but that might be track dependent or something else.

Rfactor 2 is literally the first game/sim I tried on this, that is how much I love it. I was really bummed to find out that Rfactor 2 was being Rfactor 2. Apparently it's now sorted out, mainly.
    I couldn't give a shit if the scrolling order of drivers doesn't work, doesn't affect me.
    Now I just need to buy a rig. Tomorrow I'll get Meta quest 2 since I can afford it. That'll be my first step in coming back to this amazing sim.

Still have my office chair, G25 set... Hopefully I can get something out of it with a screen that finally can do steady fps/VR headset.
    I have missed this so much...

Bernat likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, normal, don't sweat it.

Stick with it. Office chair 'rigs' FTW! :p

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Yes, this is one old track that doesn't look good on rain. Pools are just gray patches.