rrshd file generated from DevMode does not work in Normal game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by svictor, Jan 19, 2023.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

Since about last game update (2023-01-05), rrshd file that generated from DevMode no longer works in normal game. So far I have tested 3 different tracks with over 13 layouts (rrshd file generated after latest game update), and all of them has this problem.

When I packaged those "devmode" rrshd files into mas and installed in normal game, the game will ignore the packaged rrshd file, and continue to generate new rrshd (at 79-80% loading) inside "rFactor 2\UserData\Log\CBash" folder.

After manual copy and package the rrshd file that generated from normal game (and clean CBash folder), the normal game no longer creates new rrshd file (and of course loading time was shorter).

This issue first happened when I packaged Dundrod update a week ago (I remembered all worked fine before last December). I thought this was a rare case and didn't pay much attention. But today after I packaged new Isle of man update (with 9 layouts), rrshd file from all of them still does not work in normal game, and I had to manually package again using rrshd generated from normal game.

Note: for tracks like targa florio or isle of man, generating new rrshd file takes age to finish (around 1-3mins).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

This now seems to be working for me, I tried today.

What does not work for me is making a Real Road rubber file with water on it in Dev mode. I like to make one with a wet track but with a drying line. When I save it in dev mode and reload it there is no water on it. Making it in Normal single player model and then packing it up works.

svictor likes this.