Round 2 - Fine Line @ Toban Raceway - Saturday, December 29, 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser70, Dec 20, 2012.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

[​IMG]

After a great, season opening race at Putnam Park, the Fine Line rFactor2 series heads to Toban Raceway for round 2 on Saturday, December 29, 2012. Qualifying begins at 21:00 GMT (4:00 PM EST) for the 60 Lap Event at Putnam Park.

IMPORTANT: To qualify for points you must be signed up at our web site here... click the big blue "Join Today" Icon at the top of the page or go directly to the registration page by following this link...

Last Weeks Results: Putnam Park Race Results
    Current Standings: 2012/2013 Winter Megane Standings

Track and vmod download links available below.

Race at a Glance:

Race Day: Saturday, December 29, 2012
    Time: 19:00 GMT Practice / 21:00 GMT Qualify (2:00 PM Practice / 4:00 PM Qualify USA Eastern Time)
    Server Name: FLR - Megane League
    LiveMonitor: LiveMonitor with Hotlaps
    Track: Toban 0.51
    Vehicle: Renault Megane
    VMod: FLR-League (to keep things clean its recommended to uninstall & delete previous FLR league mods from your mod folder before installing this one)
    Race Length: 60 Laps (Approximately 90 minutes)
    Fuel: 1x - normal
    Tires: 7x
    Driver Aids: Auto Clutch allowed
    Driver View: Cockpit or Nose Allowed

We are going to try 7x tire wear this round to see if it forces any tire changes during pit stops. ;-)

The server is up now for practice. It is set to a 10 lap race for the times there are enough people who want to test it out in race conditions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Someone chucked 5 AI in last night, my gawd they are slow XD
    As I was the only one, I couldnt kick them either.

Couple of q's. Is the server currently running 7x tyre wear, and is abs allowed in the race?

3. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yes and yes... I'll check the AI settings to see if we can speed them up if you run into that again. I'm hoping the new build is retaining the real road, but haven't been able to spend enough time with it as I'm away now for Christmas.

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

AI at 110% now. Let me know if we need to up that more if you run into more AI on the server. ;-)

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Some pretty impressive times up there so far. I'll have my work cut out for me when I return at the end of next week. ;-)

[​IMG]

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Post Christmas Update ;-) Times are fast, but I'm catching you Ash, LOL! Race is this Saturday guys. Get signed up today if you would like to join us for this fun and competitive series.

Times as of this post:

[​IMG]

7. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

RACE DAY is TOMORROW at this great, flowing track! www.finelineracing.net to get signed up for the series so you can race for points tomorrow. We are on race 2 of 6 so plenty of time...

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

IT'S RACE DAY BOYS AND GIRLS!!! ;-)

Matt I have your app and will get back to you with server and league info in the next 30 minutes bud.

The server will be reset at 19:00 GMT / 2:00 PM EST/League Clock to password and set race laps. It's not too late to get signed up if you would like to join this fun, points series as this is only our 2nd race of the season.

Check us out here and get signed up today to race today: www.finelineracing.net

Cya guys at Toban in an hour or so...

9. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Good luck for all racers,:)

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Oh that's right this is your conversion! We are having a blast at Toban - - good work Vincent!

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi ,I just signed up at the site but I cant find where to signe up for todays race ??

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Check your email in about 20 minutes Kro...

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thanks for coming out guys. Great turnout considering we are just getting going and it's the holidays!

The start this round was a bit messy, but we settled in for a good 60 lap battle!

Detailed Race Results Here...

Season Standings Here...

We race again in two weeks - - track to be announced in the next couple of days.

Happy New Year!!!

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks guys was very educational event for me personally. Zero preparation turned out as a horrible result! :) I was all over the places throughout the event and lucky not to spoil anyone's race. Don't know if it's the case but felt like car wasn't the same after got repaired in pits (damages cannot be fixed completely)? I've heard that rF1 had it that way so maybe rF2 also.

I love the layout of this track but felt there were some anomalities on track surface at couple of places. Anyone noticed a violent horizontal twitch when entering the last chicane before the steep downhill? I think it's located after the first left-hander just before entering into chicane.

15. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes ! in fact i got stuck ther just off to the left of last chicain up top, I went a bit wide letting the leaders by and brushed the fence and was instantly stuck in what seemed like a 10 foot box wher i could not excape i could back up and go foward but could never get back to the track only 5 feet away .. its like i hit and invisable wall at each end of my back n forth efforts ..lol so i had to exit with only 3 laps left ..;( I read somewhere about conversions and the new realroad and somthing to do with seams causing bumps in areas .. I think this is what you talking about and i did notice them as well .. Still its a great track and i raced it alot in rf1 so it was good to get back to it !

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

In all the laps I did, I never noticed anything. I guess if there was something there, just got used to driving round it.

Anyway, man that was a real awesome race IMO! Those last few laps, seeing Lance come out of the pits a few seconds infront...then just going as hard as I could till the super close finish. Epic stuff XD
    Pissed to have bottled my 20 odd second lead in my mind blank over my pit request button, but thats just the way it goes :)

Nice stuff with the win Lance, I still can't stretch out a tank of fuel like you can XD I'll getcha next time though ;) hahaha
    Tony did really well too, taken off twice in the race and in the pits to fix damage twice. IIRC, only 1 lap down. :)
    Sad to see so many leave the race, unlike Putnam, but after seeing broken engines and stuck cars, I'm not surprised really.

Looking forward to the next one. I'm finding this racing malarkey rather addictive XD

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Tested it with latest version 0.78 and it seems to be fixed now. Didn't use the same car but believe it doesn't matter (Aura T5 versus Renault Megane Trophy).