rFactor2 Stream(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holzvergaser, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

hello everyone, i wanted to share that i started to stream myself when i drive RF2.
    just started doing that few days ago so thing are still not set up perfect but it works.

it wont be anything special rly, i drive race sims since quiet some time but i still come last in some races when i come late to a qualy and i dont know the track.
    however sometimes i also win races in the vintage cars as i drive these most. yet most of the time i am somewhere in top 8, so there is usually plenty of action as i am in the pack. you see me sitting in the pits a lot also :p

a friend of mine was watching it, quality should be excellent, no lags and such, i would be glad if you check it out and maybe get back to me if that is realy the case.

http://www.own3d.tv/Ja2Fanatic/live/436756 (ill start streaming later on today)

NightSt@lk3r´s stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nigh7stalk3r ( streaming not only RF2 )

few days ago i met someone online in rf2 that told me he tried to stream the game befor but could not set it up in a way it would not lag out the game. i have a performance hit but extremely minor, hardly notice it mostly.
    i know race games are not the typical games one would stream, like LOL or SC2 are, but i thought i try it and it seems others try also, so i thought here could be the place to ask if you have problems setting up a stream.

also if you know any other RF2 streams post the link here i add it to the first post to collect the streams in one place if possible.

i want to see if rF2 can get anything out of streaming, many ppl watch streams in other games and if one places himself in one of the locations frequented by many persons watching streams with a stream of his own it can only be advertisement. the stream train is rolling since long time, time to jump on and maybe use it if possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

3. the-D-

the-D- Registered

That looked like carnage :eek:

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Holzvergaser, I just tried watching your stream with my Samsung Galaxy S1 and no wlan. It works perfectly!
    Just thought you'd like to know.

Would you kindly tell me how this streaming thing works? Do you need your own server for it?

5. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

just finished racing for today, i am to tired to type anything meaningfull but i give you detailed explanation when i get up,..no you dont need own server, its quiet simple.

6. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

ok in its most simple form you need to find a site to host the stream, for me its own3dtv as a friend suggested it to me. you make an account. then you need a program to capture the strem on your pc so to speak, Xsplit is suggested there as one example, this also needs an account, makes 2 accounts in total.
    on top i use dxTroy, also limited free, to circumvent a limitation of the xsplit free version. dont needs account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_bS99pGUY

tutorial on xsplit

not enough? ask away.

1 person likes this.
  7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thank you, Holzvergaser. Much appreciated.

8. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

9. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

@REacefreak1976

welcome

@NightSt@lker

is this mostly RF2 or non racing stuff also? i add it to the list anyways, hope i can edit first post though ;)

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm in a league where we streams every championship race (not sinlge races).

Simracing LiveTV
    (YouTube Channel for replays and other rF2 videos)

This Thursday the last race of "IV Torneo de Navidad Simracing.es 2012":

- 21:00 (GMT): Qualy
    - 21:15 (GMT): Warmup
    - 21:20 (GMT): Race, 40min.

We will post when It starts :eek:

Edit: All with spanish commentary.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  11. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I stream everything including rF2 and other racing sims.