RFactor2 software crashes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 11, 2013.

?

How often do you have problems with rFactor 2 crashing?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2013.
  1. Almost never (monthly?)

56.6%
  2. Rarely (weekly?)

18.0%
  3. Regularly (daily?)

22.1%
  4. Almost every time I sit down to it.

3.3%
  1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

SOLVED! - see rest of thread ;)

Something that has been irritating me for a number of builds, but I tend to forget about it in favour of other topics (because one way or another you usually end up driving). I sat down to do a session 15 minutes ago and am still trying to successfully log into my chosen server without crashing to desktop. So while I wait and keep retrying (there is nothing I can do - it just seems to work or it doesn't) I figured I would see if I could get a general feeling about how many other people experience this.

EDIT: A message to the people who tend to come to this forum with computer problems, and start out by ranting about how "atrocious" or "buggy" or "amateur" ISI software is and how your problems are all their fault. This post/thread is an example of how to solve a problem you are having with your computer, WITHOUT incorrectly blaming ISI from the get-go, and making an idiot of yourself. Not looking at anyone in particular *looks at people in particular*.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  2. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

never, but there was a crash at the start of the 26-30 cars on the SPA, when I switched the mirror mode

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Mine crashes occasionally when changing tracks, I often get component load errors which require a reboot to fix.

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Seems a lot of people are experiencing problems. In game many ppl disappear - apparently having left - only to return a minute later stating they had crashed. Worst seems to be just at the point of final server login.

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Has only happened to me once, so none of the options above matches the criteria.

6. coops

coops Banned

i find it does happen but think its mainly because of some plugins. remove them no problem.

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah tried Trackmap few days ago and it made rF2 very unstable. However no problems with MoTec plugin ever so I guess it depends.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Here's my list, not always repeatable most times just random:

- Time accelerating during qualifying
    - Adding AI during a session
    - Race Replays from the main replay screen
    - exciting a track
    - escaping back to pits during a race

Probably been others but those ones have happened more than once and with Build 146 so therefore more noticeable

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I also use Trackmap and real-head motion plugins, but i don't have stability problems.
    The only problem i get: When i quit the single- or multiplayer of RF2, after a few second i get the winows-message "RF2 has stopped working". I have this problems since quite a few builds, and i even formatted my PC in the meantime. But since it only occurs when i quit RF2 anyways, it's not bothering me very much.

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I was getting some crashes and hangs, but traced it down to Logitech software. I disabled LWEMon.exe and no more problems. I have to manually set my wheels rotation now, but that is the only drawback.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Never, only time it did was a bad nvidia driver.

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

What real head motion plugins do you people use?

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Some crashes when race has ended and I'm on a pit screen. Also when setting up a online game (host) or shortly after I have joined my own game (this happens only rarely and it happens only once and then it's fine after that).

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

the game crashes for me more than I like. The actual race client only crashes maybe once a week, not bad- but the dedi server client is very crashey for me.

the ESC button bug is the one that really annoys me in the latest build. That has to be fixed.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I feel lucky: It happened only a few times and only when I tried to load a corrupted track. Re-downloading and re-installing it solved 100% this problem.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

I voted daily but it seems to be a bit random for me. Sometimes it crashes with every track change or if someone joins the server, yet other times I can be on a server for hours with numerous track rotations, alt+tabbing for motec or just browsing when I'm not actually driving with no problem at all.

Thinking about it only seems to have started happening since I installed W7 (just before B118), don't remember it being an issue with good old XP bar alt+tab issues in early builds. Also only online, can't recall it happening offline but having said that apart from pc performance checking under AI control I almost never do any offline running.

Hope it's not a plugin issue I love the motec and realhead plugins and have used them from the start, would feel a bit lost without them lol.

17. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

How do you do this? I have been looking for this functionality for quite a while but couldn't find it. Really annoying!

18. MJP

MJP Registered

It's in 'Settings>Controls>Misc' I believe the default is CTRL+X.

19. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

Maybe it's been there all along and I was just unaware, but now with this latest bld, the ESCAPE key takes you back 1 screen per push.
    Which is to say if you hit the ESC key 3 or 4 times while on the track, BAM, suddenly you are at your desktop with that WTF look on your face.

I occasionally frustrate myself and I will machine gun the ESC key expecting to stop at the Pit for some setup changes. I like having a "Boss" key, I prefer to set that myself and that it not be the ESC key. and that the ESC key from the track takes me to the Pits.

thank you for all the hard work in making this a GREAT game/sim.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

New information for me too. Thanks :p