rFactor2 server query protocol (need help)

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nibiru, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I have a module on my web site which displays my rFactor servers. As I am now starting to run rF2 servers I would like to display them the same as the rF1 servers. I have asked the makers of the module if they would add rF2 into the module and they have said yes. They asked me for the server protocol and with my limited knowledge said UDP/TCP. Well this was not the protocol he was after, he wants something else.

Below I have added a quote from our last discussion. Does this make sense to anyone? Could someone let me know what he means and where I can find it?

Cheers

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate, I have tried, but it seems that rFactor 2 is not listening for the server query port.

As you can see below, the ports are set in the ini file.

View attachment 7991

[​IMG]

But, when viewing the ports, 44297 is not there! In fact, I try to query all ports but obviously none worked. I hope that ISI can at least confirm if my findings are correct or if maybe there is some hidden mysterious setting somewhere :)

View attachment 7992

[​IMG]

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks for looking into this B1K3R. Hopefully someone from ISI will give more info. I have been able to get info from the http port but its not enough info.