rFactor2 race schedule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joedeath332, Dec 30, 2012.

1. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

I am thinking on taking the plunge and buying rfactor2 , i have a few questions as i have already went down the iracing route and spent a fortune on cars and tracks to only end up giving it up as i found myself having to drive around at a slow pace to avoid crashes / incidents that would lower my rating etc which i had spend a while raising with TT's etc.

With Rfactor2 is there like a license ranking system , and how often are the races , is there a set schedule for races like iracing or are the races just random / frequent ( hosted by other players on their pc's ) like Call of duty series etc ??

and i take it after i have purchased the game , that is everything paid for ( lifetime license )

Thanks

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

No there isn't (at least not yet, but you'll never know about the future)
    ISI doesn't host, so no set schedule, only races hosted by others
    Yes, Tim said that you'll be done paying (If I find a link, I will edit it in below)

EDIT :: And here the link: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8062-Is-rfactor-2-getting-an-offically-licensed-F1-car!?p=106152&viewfull=1#post106152

3. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

Thanks Nimugp for the replies

When it is said the races are hosted by others is that on a server running from one of the players pc's ( as in they HOST the game or is it from a dedicated server that group of people would rent from an organization , and then allow their members to play on it.

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Some host from their own pc, others (mostly leagues) rent a server so it is a dedicated server.

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

There are several leagues here which have their own website and usually announce their events in this forum.
    As the new year begins and things go back to normality events will start to be announced.

I'm a member of the ARI league (www.sr4l.com). This ending year we have raced a 60's F3 championship league (official races every two weeks-sundays 19h GMT). This coming year we go a step forward to race the 60's F2 championship league (Also, this last months, we have been racing the modern F2s the following weekend after the F3 race at the same track)

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

rF2 isn't centralized like iRacing is. There are pubbies, but they tend to not be very good. The best racing with rF2 is in a league- and there are a lot of those. Some leagues run a points series, though right now most are just doing fun races while rF2 is in the beta stage.

There is no safety rating in rF2 or ranking. The leagues take care of this and they all do it differently, though if you are not a clean driver the others in the league will know right away and good leagues will work with you to make you a better driver. In leagues, you race with the same guys every week and have a central forum and use teamspeak so you really get to know the guys you race with.