rFactor2 in windowed mode - some menu screens have no go 'back' icon

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by antfurn, Dec 23, 2012.

1. antfurn

antfurn Registered

Hi, took me a while to realise what was going on as I couldn't get out of the track selection screen at first.
    But then I realised that it was just that the 'back' icon graphic was not being displayed. Clicking in the general area of where it should have been, still got me back out of that menu.

Series, Track & Car selections screens:
    View attachment 5318
    View attachment 5319
    View attachment 5320

As can be seen here, the 'race settings' menu does display the back icon ok:
    View attachment 5321

I'm a developer and not a gamer. I therefore spend most of my time running rFactor2 in windowed mode and tbh, my non-discrete graphics card does not have the power to run it full screen. But this is a bit of a usability bug

My heart felt thanks for underpowered gfxs still able to run the sim, even if it is at 10 fps and all the pretty bits switched off :)

Antony

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Henning Grosch

Henning Grosch Registered

This is not only in window mode even in fullscreen I get this problem no back buttons in the mentioned screens but clicking in the area where it should be brings me back.

3. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I had a missing buttons issue in the garage etc.

Check your log, do you have any error messages?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Passed on. Although it could be that UI changes didn't make it into the 134 public build...