rFactor2 has stopped working, exception code 0xc0000005

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Marco Bijl, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I run multiple servers, on 1 machine.
    In principle, all works well. When I set the servers up, they are all available via matchmaker, and joining them is no issue at all.

However, after a random period of time, it happens that 1, 2 or 3 of them just stop working within 1 minute after eachother, with the above mentioned error code.
    A search tells me it's related to accessing some kind of memory when not allowed or something.

Event viewer details:
    Faulting application rFactor2 Dedicated.exe,
    version 1.1.4.5,
    time stamp 0x510acf8a,
    faulting module rFactor2 Dedicated.exe,
    version 1.1.4.5,
    time stamp 0x510acf8a,
    exception code 0xc0000005,
    fault offset 0x00123cc6,
    process id 0x880c,
    application start time 0x01ce0302355f21c0.

Only sollution when this happens, is setting the servers up from scratch again.

Anyone else has this, or has any idea where to look? Server itself is no where near stressed. Memory is available and CPU time is very low (10 - 35% usage or something when it peaks).

Also, it does not matter if its the full install (so Data + Core folders, mods installed in the Data folder), or a copy of the Core folder, with mods installed in there. Tried both ways.
    Last time they crashed (this morning), 2 out of 3 where down. The other one kept running fine.

I am really going blind here. Haven't got a clue whats causing this. We are running under full administrator, so it should not be a problem with the right of the user. As it does not happen imidiately when setting server up, but totaly random, I d not know where to look anymore.
    Tips are appreciated here :)

Marco Bijl
    Racedepartment.com

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Sorry lucky, I made a comment (which I removed again now) that it wasn't the same, but I had to read on further.

So easy reading, when issues are brought up in a topic which is not related to the issue itself :) Thats what they call hiding sollutions. Lets hope the update comes soon.